Denso Starters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This guy claims to have Denso rebuilt starters for $81 shipped (includes the tax). He says he has two left after the one I just purchased. I'm sick of rebuilding mine and them still sucking so I hope this is indeed a good unit.

No affiliation, buy at your own risk. Make sure to ask for a denso unit. The guy has other brands apparently sitting around too.

Starter Fits: Toyota Land Cruiser 1982 to 1992 6cly 4.0Liter 4.2Liter 1 warranty | eBay

my truck runs great, but is often slow to start to turn when I turn the key...like it is tired and then it snaps awake and starts. Wondering if I could benefit from a new starter. Certainly not a high dollar item and I could keep my other one for a spare.

Lot's of people have recommended larger ground wires. It's something I'm considering when I have free time.

Lot's of people have recommended larger ground wires. It's something I'm considering when I have free time.
This. My 62 was sluggish to start for the longest time, then when I added a set of grounding wires to the engine & chassis and added a 1/0 positive lead to the starter it starts beautifully. I rebuilt it years ago and it likes to stick in the hot summer weather sometimes, so I still need to get me a new one, but the upgraded wiring made a huge difference.

Do I remember seeing a vendor who sells an upgrade set specific to an FJ60?? Or did I dream that?

DENSO is No longer Re-maning the 2F - 3FE starter

MSRP is like $168 + core

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that page.
@RAGINGMATT
What do you think this is then?

BE333B24-06AC-49A7-BBDE-ADA7D39C9ABD.jpeg
87FFA451-4F25-4AE2-BA9B-AB7A793F42C6.jpeg
0E6A7BBD-E9B2-4EAB-A8C3-B007E419909A.jpeg

@Randy88FJ62

Is that the one you rec'd from Ace Alternator ?

Last edited:
@RAGINGMATT

View attachment 1883226 View attachment 1883228 View attachment 1883233

I think your D#M Lucky to have that nice Young looking Low miles NO corrosion yet 280-0117

For those of you who dont know , u can direct bolt a DENSO gear reduction starter as far back as a 1965

FJ40 3spd bell housing , all u need to do is install course thread OEM ToYOTA studs in place of the bolts , and

update the solenoid electrical connector to a locking latching .250 series single terminal , positive grip style solid

brass

i bolted one right up to a 1965 J-30 Siamese F , worked perfectly ........:)

Last edited:
@Spike Strip
Yes. The one I linked to on eBay. $81 shipped. I just installed and it’s amazing.

No core either. I got lucky.

@RAGINGMATT

View attachment 1883226 View attachment 1883228 View attachment 1883233
@Randy88FJ62

Is that the one you rec'd from Ace Alternator ?
my truck runs great, but is often slow to start to turn when I turn the key...like it is tired and then it snaps awake and starts. Wondering if I could benefit from a new starter. Certainly not a high dollar item and I could keep my other one for a spare.

28100-60070-84 / 280-0117

Updated electrical connector Needed & Positive grip special terminal with Detent ball

DSCN9771.JPG

I ordered one from Ace as a back-up as I have the GR on 3 Trucks now. I'm hoping mine is Denso labeled, too. Either way, it was a good price for no core and what looks like a proper rebuild. Ace Alt has a good reputation --

@RAGINGMATT - You've accumulated some amazing Toyo literature and info - Thanks again for sharing with the masses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom