Denso Distributor ID 19100-60030 and Early Tall Upper thermostat housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

63cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I have searched and searched and can't find any info on this distributor (google or mud searches). It has no additional electric wiring or connections coming from other that the one wire from the coil like later distributors have. Still need to check out the vac advance diaphragm but safe to assume good for a 1963 F135 motor?
IMG_0659 (3).jpg

Also, i recently purchased an upper and lower thermostat housing to replace an old GM housing attached to the old f motor. While trying to split the two apart, i broke off the upper's mounting ear. Any chance i can use this housing without problems/ is there enough meat left on the housing to make a good seal?
?
IMG_0660.jpg

I have searched and searched and can't find any info on this distributor (google or mud searches). It has no additional electric wiring or connections coming from other that the one wire from the coil like later distributors have. Still need to check out the vac advance diaphragm but safe to assume good for a 1963 F135 motor?
View attachment 1999366
Also, i recently purchased an upper and lower thermostat housing to replace an old GM housing attached to the old f motor. While trying to split the two apart, i broke off the upper's mounting ear. Any chance i can use this housing without problems/ is there enough meat left on the housing to make a good seal?
?View attachment 1999365

Forget your Upper housing , its seen better days

there's a MUD MEMBER named Andy Bulge that Reproduced the Siamese F Thermostat housings , his work is Top Shelf as well

@andybudge

As far as the 60030 dizzy, just because it’s original, doesn’t mean it’s going to be good after 56 years. Take out the points plate and check the bushings on the mechanical advance counterweights. And the pins they ride on. And the runout on the mainshaft.

If you have access to a good dwell meter, you can also guage your runout dynamically. If you have to set your point gap to .012” or narrow to reach 38 degrees of dwell, you’ve got too much runout and your points aren’t going to last .

And there’s still the question of the advancer diaphragm. Picture Hugh Hefner asking: would you trust a 56 year old rubber?

I recently got hold of some F135 engine parts, probably from a 1963 engine. It has same distributor P/N 19100-60030 (29100-033).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom