Denatured Alcohol to remove weatherstripping adhesive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
So I’m gunna redo my weatherstripping job. I just didn’t do it well the first time. So ordered the appropriate adhesive and picked up some denatured alcohol to clean the weatherstripping after I take it all back off. It’s a large can of denatured alcohol and I have smeared way too much of the incorrect adhesive, that of course I’m going to clean off. Last time I used Goo Gone, which worked OK. This denatured alcohol looks pretty strong. Is that stuff alright to use on the 40 to clean the old adhesive off from inside the doors, etc?
Thanks in advance!!

You’ll want to pick up some 3M adhesive cleaner. Works great for removing weatherstrip adhesive.
701C4F00-8AC1-4469-86D6-9DB3D97F91C4.jpeg

One word: Acetone
Thanks brother. I have acetone. Sounds good. I have a good half a can of it. I have used that on some other clean up successfully. But with a large new can of denatured that only a minimal amount will be used to clean the weatherstripping itself, and as nasty as this stuff appears to be, I wondered if anyone has used it successfully without stripping paint from the truck :)

I’ve used Coleman (White Gas)...works great and it’s not hot enough to damage paint.

I’ve used Coleman (White Gas)...works great and it’s not hot enough to damage paint.
Thanks. That helps. This stuff is probably pretty similar to white gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom