Dempster Highway to Tuktoyaktuk July 2024 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

At the end of June once my Land Cruiser is ready, I and my daughter will hit the road! I was wondering if anyone up in Canada or US would like to meet up for the Dempster Highway 740 KM to Tuktoyaktuk the most northern road in Canada.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.16.55 PM.png

Let's talk about it here :)

Last edited:
Maybe the frontier will be re-open you guys are all vaccinated now :)

Would be so nice to have a delegation of Cruisers goin

would love to see that happen. Hoping when I can finally get to a place to do it that’s how it will be

Did that in 1991, best part is the ferry over the river before Inuvit, dirt road for days, pull up and wait almost a day, little shack to your left, native comes out in the morning, says barge will be over after a bit, log/metal barge thing comes, load van and 13 europeans, what a ride, thought it was over, crazy due to river flow, fun though, there is a camp ground right next to road just before town at Tuk up on a hill top, good place to stay. On the way up there is a place in the middle of no where called Ogilvee road station, theres a nice camp ground just pass the road station on your left, another good place to stay.

The missus will never sign up for this, but I'm 100% game. A local guy has made the trip from Eastern Tennessee up to the North Slope a couple times. Lots of stories.

The missus will never sign up for this, but I'm 100% game. A local guy has made the trip from Eastern Tennessee up to the North Slope a couple times. Lots of stories.
@Zjohnsonua once my HZJ78 is completed or functional end of Jund 2022 if the covid restriction is over I will post an update with a meet point in West Coast.

This will be a once a lifetime adventure folks need to prepare and make it happen :)

We did the Dalton in September, it was a great trip. If your trip gets squared away, wouldn’t mind joining you up the Dempster next year.

We did the Dalton in September, it was a great trip. If your trip gets squared away, wouldn’t mind joining you up the Dempster next year.
Hey Mate I don't know the Dalton please share with us more details "_"

You are more than welcome hopefully my truck will be ready for this first one by end of June 2022 :)

Hey Mate I don't know the Dalton please share with us more details "_"

You are more than welcome hopefully my truck will be ready for this first one by end of June 2022 :)
The Dalton Highway is also known as the haul route. It starts in Fairbanks, Alaska and ends at Dead Horse, AK, Prudhoe Bay, Arctic Ocean. The route is about 415 miles of mostly gravel with a few poorly paved patches that are so much worse than driving on gravel. The most northern section heading into Dead Horse has a short newly paved section as well, but the amount of heavy haul trucks, fog, wildlife and ice is enough to keep it interesting.

It was a great trip and one that I would like to do again. There is so much to explore along the route that you can’t do it all at once.

The Dalton Highway is also known as the haul route. It starts in Fairbanks, Alaska and ends at Dead Horse, AK, Prudhoe Bay, Arctic Ocean. The route is about 415 miles of mostly gravel with a few poorly paved patches that are so much worse than driving on gravel. The most northern section heading into Dead Horse has a short newly paved section as well, but the amount of heavy haul trucks, fog, wildlife and ice is enough to keep it interesting.

It was a great trip and one that I would like to do again. There is so much to explore along the route that you can’t do it all at once.

Dead Horse, Now I recall there's so much wilderness up north this is actually a trail I would love to discover eventually! It's a little further west for me but would be very exciting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom