Dempster Highway to Tuktoyaktuk

Hi Folks,

At the end of June once my Land Cruiser is ready, I and my daughter will hit the road! I was wondering if anyone up in Canada would like to meet up for the Dempster Highway 740 KM to Tuktoyaktuk the most northern road in Canada.

Let's talk about it here :)

rhah

Admit it, your cruisers jealous
Maybe the frontier will be re-open you guys are all vaccinated now :)

Would be so nice to have a delegation of Cruisers goin

would love to see that happen. Hoping when I can finally get to a place to do it that’s how it will be

It's about 15000KM back & Forth for me

1617976740592.png

Did that in 1991, best part is the ferry over the river before Inuvit, dirt road for days, pull up and wait almost a day, little shack to your left, native comes out in the morning, says barge will be over after a bit, log/metal barge thing comes, load van and 13 europeans, what a ride, thought it was over, crazy due to river flow, fun though, there is a camp ground right next to road just before town at Tuk up on a hill top, good place to stay. On the way up there is a place in the middle of no where called Ogilvee road station, theres a nice camp ground just pass the road station on your left, another good place to stay.

Zjohnsonua

SILVER Star
The missus will never sign up for this, but I'm 100% game. A local guy has made the trip from Eastern Tennessee up to the North Slope a couple times. Lots of stories.

The missus will never sign up for this, but I'm 100% game. A local guy has made the trip from Eastern Tennessee up to the North Slope a couple times. Lots of stories.
@Zjohnsonua once my HZJ78 is completed or functional end of Jund 2022 if the covid restriction is over I will post an update with a meet point in West Coast.

This will be a once a lifetime adventure folks need to prepare and make it happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom