Demand for 18" wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How is the demand for OEM 18's?
I'm toying with the idea of finding some factory 16s, but only if I can get out of my factory 18s and almost new tires without losing my shirt.

I have some 16's on my 80K '02 100 Series with decent Michelins, rims are in perfect shape.....
might be willing to work a trade? Will have to check the mileage on them. What kind of tires do you have on yours?

Why don't you like the 18s? I just swapped my 18s for 16s. I was going to keep the 18" wheels but now am considering selling them so I am interested in the replys here.

I run my winter tires on 16's and summer on the stock 18's. That way the 18 " tires (way more expensive) last longer.

I have stock 18's that came with my truck in my shed with some stock sized bridgestones with some tread. I want to keep them for when I eventually upgrade to a better 18 inch tire for offroad. In the meantime I got some 16's on CL for $120 and threw some cheap offroad tires on them. But I kind of like the way it looks, so I may also sell my 18's in the future.

FYI- That CL add is incorrect. Those rims will not fit over the 06-07 brakes that were upgrade when they went to the VVT-i engine.

I went from 16 to 18. I prefer the look of the 18s but the ride was much better with the16s.
Both times I was running BFGsAT
295/75-16
275/70-18

Went skinny on the 18 to preserve mpgs (didn't work) lol ride has suffered.

I miss the sidewall you get with a 16" wheel.
I don't doubt that the shorter sidewall with an 18" wheel performs better on road, and they do look really good, but I like to air down.

I've got 5x 275/70R18 Toyo ATII's on 18" factory rims. 2 of the 5 tires are practically brand new (nubs still on one), and the other 3 only have a few thousand miles. They're great, I just wish I was running with a little more sidewall for airing down.

I'd trade wheel for wheel, @CulDog 02 , but I've got to get out of the 5 Toyos in decent shape to get back into some 295/75R16s.

Posts get quickly buried in the Classifieds section, leading some of us to drop bait here.
This is more of a feeler anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom