Delta VS 100 Series bumpers in the works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's up @suprarx7nut ! Hope things are well ... yeah I am in a bit of a dilemma here. I REALLY like these bumpers. However, they are not adaptable to a body lift - and the gap that would be left is a bit aesthetically unsettling. So ... as I am ordering parts for the Cruiser which includes tires etc I am running up against this. I have ordered 4.88 gears already and E-lockers for the front and rear, and the tires I want, the smallest size they make (Maxxi Comp) is a 35" tire. Maybe I might run a different tire that is slightly smaller ... but I don't want to give up my AHC (which has less than 90K miles on it and works perfectly). I will need a very very slight body lift in addition to the pinch weld, heat gun stuff etc etc to keep rubbing under control. So I am looking for ideas ... am I willing to return my gears (not installed yet) and go with a smaller tire just to have these bumpers? Trim fenders, that look is not so great IMO. Or just deal with the gaps? Maybe order the bumper raw, take it to another fab shop and have something welded along the top to cover the gap?
Ah, gotcha. I recalled you having the 33" KO2 (same as my current) so I was confused about the body lift.

Tough call. I've found relatively few places I didn't want to attempt with an armored rig and 33's. Basically just the wall at Poughkeepsie.

If it were me, I'd go smaller tire (assuming you can get on board with something offered in a ~34 or so), ditch the body lift (and maybe ditch the 4.88?), get the bumpers you want and armor up the underside. You can get through an awful lot with a ~34" tire, lockers and armor with AHC. The extra terrain you'll tackle with that small change in tire size and body lift may not be noticeable. Those are sexy tires, though...

Well it's a tough decision. Going from 33 to 34s and to also have an ROI that is ... on the edge; just doesn't make sense. To go up only an inch? The investment is just not worth it. The common denominator here is the bumper. As much as I like it, I'm going to have to pass. This is a part time truck that's only going to see trails ... I sold my 71 Bronco rock crawler, so I need to build something that is at least a mediocre crawler and overland truck. I mean giving up larger tires and 4.88s add the body lift just to have a bumper doesn't make sense. I'm 😢 ... but still open to ideas.

Last edited:
@Escape Artist lets remember anything involving a 100 series is not an investment.

@Escape Artist lets remember anything involving a 100 series is not an investment.
Sorry for not being clear, I am speaking to the return on investment in capability. Swapping out a set of tires to only go up an inch...

I think about my UJZ100 expenditures as ROO - Return on Opportunity. ;) ;) :)

Leaders find success not by what they do with their “lucky breaks” alone, but what they do with the “breaks” they create for themselves.

ROO Article:

Last edited:
I think about my UJZ100 expenditures as ROO - Return on Opportunity. ;) ;) :)

Leaders find success not by what they do with their “lucky breaks” alone, but what they do with the “breaks” they create for themselves.

ROO Article:

That almost sounds like work. Don't you go bringing work into this!

(Without having read the article, I feel like I at least agree with the premise)

That almost sounds like work. Don't you go bringing work into this!

(Without having read the article, I feel like I at least agree with the premise)

I better stop.. I'm revealing my other self here. LOL :rofl:

Well it's a tough decision. Going from 33 to 34s and to also have an ROI that is ... on the edge; just doesn't make sense. To go up only an inch? The investment is just not worth it. The common denominator here is the bumper. As much as I like it, I'm going to have to pass. This is a part time truck that's only going to see trails ... I sold my 71 Bronco rock crawler, so I need to build something that is at least a mediocre crawler and overland truck. I mean giving up larger tires and 4.88s add the body lift just to have a bumper doesn't make sense. I'm 😢 ... but still open to ideas.
If we're talking ROI (performance per dollar) I think everything beyond a 34 or small 35 loses. You spend an exponentially increasing amount of money on mods (and wear items like CV and steering racks) to gain an exponentially decaying return on performance.

That said, I'm anxious to see what you do either way!

If we're talking ROI (performance per dollar) I think everything beyond a 34 or small 35 loses. You spend an exponentially increasing amount of money on mods (and wear items like CV and steering racks) to gain an exponentially decaying return on performance.

That said, I'm anxious to see what you do either way!
Well said ... I usually try to avoid building a vehicle out around a specific component. I wouldn't want to have a bumper dictate the rest of the build of the truck but ... I think I'm going to follow your guidance and the general consensus of the rest of the community. I will loose the 4.88s and just keep the Marlin Crawler low range gear in the case. Lockers and bumpers will go in and I'll give up on the 35s and slight body lift. If I find a run out 35 I'll buy it and throw it on, then determine what kind of trimming I need to do from actual field measurements. But likely I will move on to other projects and toys and just leave the 33s until they wear out. Thanks for all the input and direction.

Any idea when this will be available and expected cost (sorry didn't see it on your website yet)?
Actually coordinating with web guy this week to get them launched. We have a bunch sitting on the shop floor, ready to sell. Intro price will be same as current 80 Series stuff, then all will have to go up some amount (we haven't changed pricing on 80 series since launching them in 2018 and materials have gone through the roof since then). There will be 10 sets available at the intro price, with the first 5 being able to ship almost immediately.

Does the front bumper pictured on the Toyota LC work on the Lexus LX470 ? all years covered ? Is cutting involved? ( My apologies if this has been answered)

Very good looking bumper btw.
Yessiree (all years covered, there are two models to make this happen, similar to the 80 Series), there is a teensy, tiny bit of cutting involved (just trimming the bottom of the factory foam holder piece mount tabs, or whatever you'd like to call that). The install instructions will be available on the product page for download so you can go through and make sure you're ok with the process before purchasing.

Gearing up for product launch, some of the tacked up front bumpers that came off the jig, ready for finish welding.

IMG_3976.jpeg

Gearing up for product launch, some of the tacked up front bumpers that came off the jig, ready for finish welding.

View attachment 2611214
Ready to pull the trigger for my lady's 100. Any time frame for being able to order? Will there be stinger or bull
bars options? Will they come powdercoated or painted? Thanks Karl

Ready to pull the trigger for my lady's 100. Any time frame for being able to order? Will there be stinger or bull
bars options? Will they come powdercoated or painted? Thanks Karl
HOPEFULLY we’ll be live in the next week or so. No stinger for these, but yes to full grille guard (like seen in earlier pics in this thread). All our exterior products are powder coated with primer and color.

I really like the looks of the rear bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom