Delta Vehicle Systems wants your 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
deltavs.com
Howdy all. Does anybody in or near the Boise, ID area have a 60 that doesn’t get driven much? We’d like to branch out from the 80 and adapt some of our products to the 60. To do that we need a 60 at our shop for a couple weeks while we scan, measure, and prototype the products.

To give you an idea of what we’ll be working on, take a look at this thread:

Delta Vehicle Systems goes to Overland

The only things that would be applicable at the moment are bumpers and interior stuff, don’t think panhard brackets and radius arms would help the 60 much.

Hey. Don't have a 60 for you, but I will tell you a few things:

1. 60's are awesome and underserved.
2. I would love to see some additional interior options. I would buy your overhead storage rack today. Center console options would be cool too!
3. A kit to go from leaf to radius arm would be awesome. Again, I would buy this. So many people doing 80 frame swaps. Would love the ability to add modern suspension without swapping bodies.

Anyhow ... Welcome and good luck !

Hey. Don't have a 60 for you, but I will tell you a few things:

3. A kit to go from leaf to radius arm would be awesome. Again, I would buy this. So many people doing 80 frame swaps. Would love the ability to add modern suspension without swapping bodies.

Anyhow ... Welcome and good luck !

Yep, I’m with Beams! DO IT!

Ed

Y’all are welcome to mine, though I suspect you can find something closer to Boise. Let me know if not.

I have a 1985 60 in Hailey if you don't find one in Boise. Are you looking to borrow? I posted a thread a little bit ago with info/photos looking for selling advice if you want to see what I've got.

Oh wow, just took a look at the 80 series thread. You sure do some awesome work! What do you think chances would be of working a 3rd row of seats into the mix while you're doing your thing? (If mine is even a rig that interests you)?

THIS!!!! I was gonna upgrade my leaf suspension. Hell, I may wait now...

Hey all. Sorry for not being super responsive. In and out of service slowly making our way back from OE. Will be in touch in a few days. This will not be overlooked.

Got one in San Diego if nothing else works out... Can keep it as long as you need... Was thinking of selling it soon and once I get my other truck back on the road it's going to be sitting...

Please, please consider option #3 for the front end at least. If you build it, we will buy it.

Keep in mind that, for the parts you've mentioned making (bumpers, consoles, overhead storage racks), there are some differences across the 60 and 62 series model years...

- rear frame cross member changed by early/mid '85

- floor pans changed (somewhere in '85 or '86?)

- headliners (suspended vinyl to fabric...late '87?)

- suspension (largelythe same but 62s came stock with more leaf springs in the packs)

Of course the other obvious 60 to 62 changes like automatic trans and quad grille - but I don't think you are making parts that change those areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom