Delta rear panhard bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed my Delta bracket that I got from LCP last week. This weekend I drove my 80 600 miles to and from Windrock Park for a wheeling weekend. Oh MY!!! This bracket made a HUGE difference! My 80 has been lifted since 2007 and I simply got used to how bad it drove as I didn’t see much need for me to have this. I drive across country at least once a year and log long miles whil out there too. After what I experienced this weekend, I have really been missing out. The 80 drives SOOOOOO nice now and is super smooth at 80mph when hitting bumps in the road. I imagine my long trips will also be less tiring as I now realize how much active driving I have been doing all those years.

In summary, I wasn’t super sure I needed this when I bought it so I wasn’t giddy over this mod. Now that it is done, it is one of the most beneficial things that I have done to my 80. Really makes a huge difference.

Oh, and it only took one hour in my driveway to install.

2DB0DC56-1932-4DEE-BB01-A068DCB2393D.jpeg

A1BD5194-31C2-4A0E-BAC6-5BD3322C6B1C.jpeg

I installed my Delta bracket that I got from LCP last week. This weekend I drove my 80 600 miles to and from Windrock Park for a wheeling weekend. Oh MY!!! This bracket made a HUGE difference! My 80 has been lifted since 2007 and I simply got used to how bad it drove as I didn’t see much need for me to have this. I drive across country at least once a year and log long miles whil out there too. After what I experienced this weekend, I have really been missing out. The 80 drives SOOOOOO nice now and is super smooth at 80mph when hitting bumps in the road. I imagine my long trips will also be less tiring as I now realize how much active driving I have been doing all those years.

In summary, I wasn’t super sure I needed this when I bought it so I wasn’t giddy over this mod. Now that it is done, it is one of the most beneficial things that I have done to my 80. Really makes a huge difference.

Oh, and it only took one hour in my driveway to install.

View attachment 1824183

View attachment 1824184

Always glad to help:)
Hard to say anything bad when it comes to getting your ass end back in shape.
Im still amazed we waited this long to correct this problem. Thanks again to @Delta VS

In stock only a couple click away ► Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Paraphrased from Delta's thread on the panhard bracket.... On level ground measure ground to center of panhard bolt on the chassis side (dim 1) measure ground to center of panhard bolt on axle side (dim 2). Subtract dim 2 from dim 1. This number is dim 3. Later in the thread they reckon stock is about 1.5" based on measuring what looks to be a stock truck. So dim 3 minus 1.5" would be the number to use to determine which bracket is suitable (3" or 5"). So, if your dim 3 is 4.5", the 3" bracket would make your panhard "angle" pretty close to design. At least that's the way I understand it.

This is exactly right (at least exactly right according to our recommended technique). The book is still out on what a stock truck panhard height difference is, we like to say anywhere from 1/2” to 1-1/2”. The 5” bracket is turning out to be much more of a specialized one, need really big tires to run it (37s minimum) basically.

This is exactly right (at least exactly right according to our recommended technique). The book is still out on what a stock truck panhard height difference is, we like to say anywhere from 1/2” to 1-1/2”. The 5” bracket is turning out to be much more of a specialized one, need really big tires to run it (37s minimum) basically.
It’s all about marketing. Hooters did this well with their beer sizes; man sized or Hooters girl sized.

Product testing at Anza Borrego -
Before the Delta panhard riser I would have fender well contact on full stuff, no longer a problem.

In stock only a couple click away ► Land Cruiser Products - LCP

xehbgm5Bz-scCnqYb16l4fQcGsZ46C9OThWJPaHF69EmY4v7dfbA1q88fiIGJ7Pz8M-oIuZEVvMYaEV2rsAMwQ-jpvuyafY4S4ri9JwXpUOaRp7oXE8Lddo_Ch97_SN1qzXB2-CJ-U46mjfBaGTQfBchdDq1bAM479gPVZgORVlx8Jhp_bC5pzZjc0ZxU-yeGn0At28PB8KyH8F7CUkQg7M0koTpDzGLZ30Z-gvtLXkYhcZFlaXDo1OipD2MEva7rrpzpW0HgEwbBMsA7R78KNY1u2koZcpHncGZerPabfjwISnzJfGl9CX2Qvy179BxFTFDdy3vtgjbZFgjMcCKlytfcKwPxCa56ovJXhB2txA5rReXZhg_Q0Xecczfagp67mYheGx0QfpjOJy6Jc3FwW-rCYkvm4pINLed7NpicTDmMHStNXnjNrKrSDWunm-3SsziavFPAU8jwJlqJ7ltrKVakAAVX6J5QkQh16vrYTWH2lgw1CFpEvtS8HEEzMJwN7t0LJeQY50pQeCTZE2TRWNO_n2nDo8E_kqZCLn18YtmDUyiIEO0k6X2AkNtDZH3gzqiucYjZKZg3ecnz4sb8AFZffaiQdl6JKb5bTcrTRe2gu4acMJ7re6aQ_WA_59_NCA6X5c8yLbkmyWRJBSzCn_nJw=w1250-h938-no

My lift will be in the 5 1/2 '' range... And when loaded up it will be around 4 1/2''.. Didn't wanted to go crazy and get the 5'' lift one... I'm pretty sure i will still the the benefits with the 3'' one.
Will give an update in a couple of weeks. Thanks

In the midst of a full suspension refresh, including new coils, shocks, and UCA and LCA bushings, and will wrap it up tomorrow and update after a drive. The Delta panhard bracket went in pretty easily after I shortened my adjustable panhard to it's shortest length. Once the 863's come out and the 864's go in I will most likely need to lengthen the panhard again...tbd and if I can get any measurements I will post up.

The bracket is impressive, and the angle is looking good so far (these pics with 863's & I'll photo it with the 864's in and once they settle a bit).

Also, note the bolt lengths that Delta ships with the bracket - the short one goes through the panhard, and the long one goes through the upper control arm. Of course I got it backwards at first, and after revisiting step #6 it's rectified now. :bang::beer:

IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_3063.jpg

After about 100 miles on the rig with the 3" bracket I can definitely say there is huge improvement in the way the truck handles and tracks - it just feels more stable and predictable...my 16 year old noticed it immediately driving thru the windy canyons here. And now, as of this am, with new 864's and L's in the rear, 850J and L's in the front, sway bar bushing refresh, new UCA and LCA bushings pressed in, Marlin HD tie rod, drag link, and TRE's, the rear panhard adjusted back to the pre-Delta bracket install length, and toe-in set to about 1/4" inch, it's the most stable and solid driving thing I think I've ever driven. Buy the panhard bracket, it will inspire you to get everything in your suspension refreshed and realize how good a 7k lbs lifted laden truck can drive. I only wish I had this thing 15 years ago.

Last edited:
After about 100 miles on the rig with the 3" bracket I can definitely say there is huge improvement in the way the truck handles and tracks - it just feels more stable and predictable...my 16 year old noticed it immediately driving thru the windy canyons here. And now with new 864's and L's in the rear, 850J and L's in the front, sway bar bushing refresh, new UCA and LCA bushings pressed in, Marlin HD tie rod, drag link, and TRE's, and the rear panhard adjusted back to the pre-Delta bracket install length, it's the most stable and solid driving thing I think I've ever driven. Buy the panhard bracket, it will inspire you to get everything in your suspension refreshed and realize how good a 7k lbs lifted laden truck can drive. I only wish I had this thing 15 years ago.

Dang, thank you very much for the kind words! Much appreciated and glad you are happy with it.

And oh...a note re install - I shortened my panhard to fit the bolt hole when I really should have just ratchet-strapped the frame to axle. After all said & done my before vs after panhard length either didn’t change at all or was so minimal that my loose measurements didn’t detect it. Nary a loose nut on the rig now except for the one behind the steering wheel.

Last edited:
Not sure if there's benefits of combining this bracket and an adjustable panhard bar which I have. Can you school me?

Not sure if there's benefits of combining this bracket and an adjustable panhard bar which I have. Can you school me?

The above thread goes into detail on the differences between the two. The adjustable panhard will certainly be helpful if you’re up around 5” of lift and don’t want to install big bumpstop drops along with a 5” panhard bracket. A 3” bracket and adjustable panhard will improve handling considerably.

The other reason to combine would be if when you purchased your adjustable panhard bar, you threw away your stocker. Just need to adjust it back to stock length or close to it.

Last edited:
Any chance of a group buy..... I'd like one but our lousy AUD exchange rate, like less than 0.70 to the USA means $250 becomes $350+ and then plus shipping. C'mon help out your Aussie mates :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom