Delrin as a swaybar spacer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got some chunks of Delrin laying around large enough for a front swaybar spacer. Do you guys think it would be strong enough? Obviously I wouldn't bolt into it, but just use a chunk of it with longer bolts instead of aluminum like I've seen done. Thanks for the input!

I was going to use Delrin on my truck. In the way in which its loaded (compression with long bolts running through it) it would work great. Depending on the particular formula of delrin - it might outlast Aluminum. We just happened to have some aluminum that was already cut into the perfect sizes for spacers. Made my job easier - all I had to do was drill through holes. Good luck.:cheers:

Thats cool. I figured if it's good enough for a body lift and bump stops, its probably sufficient for a swaybar. But I figured I'd ask anyway. Time to cut and drill now. Thanks!

Anyone know how far down I should space this thing? I have J Springs and L shocks. How much do I need to clear the D shaft on full droop?

Anyone know how far down I should space this thing? I have J Springs and L shocks. How much do I need to clear the D shaft on full droop?

It depends on caster correction. Your best bet is to, unbolt the sway bar, support the truck so the axle is hanging, push the sway bar into position and measure how much you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom