Deleting ABS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1997 and the ABS sensors are in bad shape. One of them is so bad it occasionally activates when braking. I did some searching and was not able to find much on this on MUD (maybe I am looking in the wrong spot). Anyway, was looking for input from those that have done the removal and install of Wits End plugs. How do folks like this? I do about 85% on road driving.

Many thanks,

1663097977891.png

Why not just keep the sensors in and pull the ABS relay?
Thanks Squeegee, one of the options for sure. Follow up question, if I just unplug the line that connects to the ABS unit will that work as well or will it sense a fault and light up my dash warning?

You pull the fuse then unplug the sensor. Then pull the bulb. All this is free, or buy a kit pull the fuse , unplug the sensor and pull the bulb

You pull the fuse then unplug the sensor. Then pull the bulb. All this is free, or buy a kit pull the fuse , unplug the sensor and pull the bulb
10-4 makes sense. ;)

Thanks Squeegee, one of the options for sure. Follow up question, if I just unplug the line that connects to the ABS unit will that work as well or will it sense a fault and light up my dash warning?
Ajax nailed it

I used this walk through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom