Delco-Remy Distributor Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nascarpool.org
Hi Guys,

I have a 74 FJ40 with an F engine. I have been trying to find information on the distributor. The plate where the condenser and points sets on says the following:

Delco-Remy
Anderson Ind.
Model - Serial
1112403 1F8

Made in USA

I would appreciate any information that you got about this distributor. The Delco-Remy site had nothing and I could only find one reference to this number in a message on www.tlca.org (unfortunately I couldn't open the message).

Thanks in advance,
Sport

modified chevy dizzy to fit a toy.

They are junk.

I would get a vacuum advance, non-usa toyota distributor.

What's the question? How far can you throw it?

get rid of that damn time bomb..........they are pure junk and will littery blow up

Pretty much covered it all guys.;)

Not much else to add other than the fact that even the company that originally offered them doesn't sell them any more.

If fate hadn't had the PO of my first LC use one of these grenades in disguise, and blow up a fresh rebuild [less than 1000 miles] with it, I might never have gotten into the Landcruiser world!

Soooo, there is ONE good thing about them!;)

Start looking for a replacement rusty. Sad as it may sound, even a vacuum retard Toyota distributor is gonna be a safer bet than what you've got.

Best

Mark A.

Sport;

This may be the one offered by Man-A-Fre years ago. A slightly modified GMC 6 cyl distributor used in millions of cars. I called Man-A-Fre last year on this Delco unit; they don't carry any parts for this unit any more. By the way, I installed mine in 1986 and it is still running fine, knock on wood. I use mine as a trigger for the Jacob's system. One of the tricks to keeping this dist from "mal-functioning" is to use the Man-A-Fre distributor clamp and keep it tight. I do agree with going with Toyota distributor and will be converting back to stock in the near future.

Some info from the spec sheet:
Point gap = .019
Dwell = 28-35

Part numbers:
Points = D105P
COND = D203
ROTOR = D405
DIST CAP = D306

Timing for the Delco is approx 10-14 BTDC; tune by ear..

U will have trouble finding these parts; however, NAPA will cross these numbers for u. Use 1966 GMC (Chevy) as a start point.

And rusty; why do u need "lawyers, gubs and money" ??

Sport hasn't been around for 6 months, D.F. This thread is now a Rusty resurrection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom