SOLD Delano, MN: 2002 Lexus LX470 - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgb(247, 242, 242)
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MidmQ9MMvusRU64w6
Year: 2002
Make: Lexus
Model: LX470
Miles: 166,100
Price: $11,500 without the Rock Warriors; $13,000 with. Final price, no negotiation, please don't ask as the answer is no.

I have a 2002 Lexus LX470 with 166,100 miles that I drove back from AZ to MN in late January. I flew down and had a lot of stuff to haul and wasn't interested in renting so purchased this while I was down there. It was a Texas vehicle the first 3.5 years of its life and then AZ the remainder.

I have the Carfax on it which shows:
- Very good maintenance history
- Unknown accident on 5/30/2007
- Minor Right Front Accident @ 141k-147
- The only panel missing the VIN sticker is the right front quarter panel, which corresponds with the diagram included on the Carfax
- Timing Belt done @ 125k
- New Geolander A/T Tires @ 159k

Under my ownership (160k+):
- Alignment at Lexus of Chandler
- Transmission Fluid & Filter Replaced
- Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses & Clamps
- BT45-TOY Bluetooth adapter for stock navigation radio + Aux-In
- Cabin Air Filters
- Fuel Filter
- Air Filter
- Hood & Rear Gate Struts
- AHC (Automatic Height Control) Fluid Flush & Fill
- AHC System and Torsion bar adjusted to within spec (sceen shot below)
- Front from bottom lip of rim to bottom lip of fender: 28 3/8"
- Rear from bottom lip of rim to bottom lip of fender: 29 1/4"
- Running Board Lights Replaced
- Cabin and Gauge Cluster lights replaced with LEDs
- Front & Rear Brakes
- Second Key with working remote (Owners Manual still has the Valet key)
- Center Diff Lock Indicator Switch
- Headliner
- Radiator
- 166k: Rock Warrior wheels with Firestone Destination X/T 275/70/17 tires mounted with Slee purchased SpiderTrax 1.25" spacers

This is a well sorted, great riding, driving, and running vehicle. It is comfortable as can be at any speed. The Height Control and Suspension adjustments work perfectly. Heat is hot, A/C blows cold. Navigation is certainly outdated, but with the BT45 unit, it is somewhat modernized and you can receive and make calls through the speaker system.

This is a used vehicle, so there are signs of what I would call normal wear and tear for being 18 years old. Given it's a southern vehicle, rust isn't a concern and the underneath looks clean as can be. The only thing that doesn't work currently, although I'm looking into it, is the moonroof. The motor works, but the window does not open/close. The headliner had a TV/DVD unit that was shorting the interior lights so I removed it and replaced it with a good, used one.

3.25.2020 Update: Price drop from the $13k to a more realistic $11k. I had an emotional price on it given I didn't want to sell. Still don't and don't need to. I will not take less. I think it's a fair price for it as is.

4.12.2020 Update: I replaced the engine oil and filter, front and rear differential, and transfer case fluids. I'm an AMSOIL snob and even though I'm trying to sell this, that's what it got.

4.28.2020 Update: Rear brake pads replaced, parking brakes adjusted. Various interior/switch lights replaced with LEDs. And price drop to $10,500. I haven't had time to replace/repair the headliner. There's a couple available locally in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for $250.

5.7.2020 Update: New front brakes, an instrument cluster full of LEDs, a second key (I only got 1 when I bought it), and a new center diff lock indicator switch.

5.14.2020 Update: Sorry for the misrepresentation on price as I meant to put $10,750 and not $10,250 for buying it with not fixing the headliner. To make it easier, I'm going to say $10,500, as is with the existing headliner. No further price adjustments down. That is my bottom of bottom price. I will not accept less.

6.2.2020 Update: New Radiator installed (old one developed a leak, so I replaced it), new-to-it headliner, M2V2 Ram mount, and re-greased CV with McMaster-Carr clamps and Redline CV-2 grease. Because of this, the price is now $11,500 firm.

7.29.2020 Update: New-to-me Rock Warriors in excellent condition with Firestone Destination X/T 275/70/17 mounted with Slee purchased SpiderTrax 1.25" spacers.

IMG_20200729_161233.jpg

IMG_20200213_171537.jpg

IMG_20200213_180310.jpg

IMG_20200213_180337.jpg

IMG_20200213_180420.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for new rear brake pads and parking brake adjustment. I've also been updating the interior lights & switches with LEDs. Mainly the SuperBright variety. A variety of these, in Natural and Green: NEOx LED Bulb - High Power Instrument Panel LED | Super Bright LEDs

Someone buy this from me so I stop spending money on a vehicle I can't keep. I also have new front pads to put in, but haven't taken the time yet. The other car I have for sale (1991 BMW 318is) has been taking some wrenching time. I get to keep whichever one doesn't sell.

In the pictures you uploaded the passenger side fender doesn't seem to match the door. Of course its from when it was painted, doesn't look like it was blended quite right.

Is it as noticeable in real life? Or is it just my computer screen? Other than that, it seems like a great LX!

In the pictures you uploaded the passenger side fender doesn't seem to match the door. Of course its from when it was painted, doesn't look like it was blended quite right.

Is it as noticeable in real life? Or is it just my computer screen? Other than that, it seems like a great LX!

I don't notice it as much as the closer picture shows. The full side-shot/profile picture where the color difference isn't as pronounced is how It looks in real life. At least to my eyes.

That's great. Yeah digital images are tricky with color. To me the passenger quarter looks a bit "warmer" than the passenger door.

Would you be able to post a picture of the headliner?

Pics attached. From the passenger door, underneath it with a tape measure tip resting on the edge of the existing flap, and of the view from the rear. I forget its there, or rather that it isn't there. I don't see it in the rearview mirror or when I'm getting into the truck. The DVD player that I took out and was blowing the interior light fuse was mounted to a 2x2 liquid nailed to the roof which was preventing the moonroof shade from going all the way back. Having never installed one, it seemed clever, but not anything I would opt to do to any vehicle I cared about. Or, come to think of it, even a vehicle I didn't care about. We all make odd choices.

IMG_20200429_203556.jpg

IMG_20200429_203846.jpg
IMG_20200429_204041.jpg

Bump for new front brakes, an instrument cluster full of LEDs, a second key (I only got 1 when I bought it), and a new center diff lock indicator switch. The light was staying on, but dimmer than when it was actually engaged. Replaced the switch and all's well. Center diff lock works as its supposed to - it was just the indicator switch. More info here on the replacement and what it does: Center Differential Lock Transfer Indicator Switch Problem

I also polished up the gauge cluster lens so the smudges seen in the original post are gone.

Back up for sale. It has a new radiator since the old one sprung a leak (no overheating, barely noticeable, but I could smell the coolant after a drive and spent the time to find where it was coming from and had it replaced. No leaks! I also noticed some "peanut butter" splatter on the front passenger side, so got the McMaster-Carr clamps and some Redline CV-2 and took care of it. I also got a new-to-it headliner from a salvage yard, cleaned it up and installed it, then cleaned it again for good measure. It looks great (IMO)! The pic is from before the 2nd cleaning. I also took more pics and did a few videos which are in the gallery here: 2002 LX470

If anyone wants a free, clean, but hacked up for a DVD player, headliner, hit me up with a DM.

IMG_20200519_135337.jpg
IMG_20200522_163728.jpg
IMG_20200519_130127.jpg
IMG_20200522_200925_MP.jpg

Say, was this rig at Central Park on Saturday? I think we crossed paths. Very clean exterior, for anyone who is curious. Sold a 2005 with same combo in early this year.

Yep! Splash pad goodness with the family. Was that you I nodded to with the newer LX? Thanks for the bump!

Bump for Rock Warriors and 275/70/17 Firestone Destination X/T's. Truck now has 166,097 on it. First post updated with the price, but it'll still be $11,500 without and $13,000 with the RW's. I used the 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers from Slee to mount them. It goes down the road nice and straight with no shimmy/shake/wobbles.

IMG_20200729_161233.jpg

IMG_20200729_161249.jpg

IMG_20200729_161343.jpg

IMG_20200729_161319.jpg

Apologies if I missed this elsewhere in the thread, but do you still have the 3rd row seats?

Yes - the 3rd row seats are in it.

Edited with pic.

IMG_20200803_163639.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom