Deciding between 2 LCs...Better choice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New here, been following for some time!

Deciding between two LCs and could use some input.

- 2003 LC with 90k. Good shape but lacks detailed maintenance log
- 2006 LC with 171k. Good shape and very detailed and long history of maintenance.

The 2003 is about $2-4k more than the 2006.

The mileage on the 2003 is very appealing but I may be putting too much stock into that. I know about the AHC with the 2006, but curious as to your thoughts overall. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Rust info is critical, especially where you live

Both are pretty standard. Cosmetically both are comparable. The 2006 has some more blemishes, likely due to being driven more, but rust wise, nothing to be overly concerned about.

Last edited:
What were the results of a PPI on both trucks?

I'd assume you've done this already, given the age and mileage of both rigs.

What were the results of a PPI on both trucks?

I'd assume you've done this already, given the age and mileage of both rigs.

no red flags on either. Essentially at the point of trying to decide if the extra $2-4k is worth half the miles on the ‘03 or if a well documented newer model with 2x the miles is a better option.

Both are near timing belt time. I’d go lower miles if it’s 2k more, do the TB and baseline and you should be in good shape. Also depends where you are starting on price. You probably won’t go wrong on either truck. Good luck.

Both are near timing belt time.
Both should’ve already had the TB changed twice (90k miles or 6 years, whichever comes first). If no record of the 03 ever having been changed, then one can just about guarantee that not much other maintenance has been done to it. I’d be very wary of any 17 year-old vehicle that only had 90k miles and little service history. Pandora’s box...

You probably noticed by now that everybody and his brother is after the 06-07 models. I would be more interested in that 06. Ya, it probably has AHC but you are going to be able to take care of that with the wealth of info on this forum. The 2003 with so few miles is probably commanding too high of a price.

You probably noticed by now that everybody and his brother is after the 06-07 models. I would be more interested in that 06. Ya, it probably has AHC but you are going to be able to take care of that with the wealth of info on this forum. The 2003 with so few miles is probably commanding too high of a price.

What about the 06-07 makes it superior to the 03-05?

06/07 have VVTI which increased horsepower to 275.

Been meaning to post the update, but went in a completely different direction. This popped up during my search and didn't look back.

2007 LC with 143k. 2 owners, decent service history. Some surface rust and some rotor/caliper replacements, but otherwise super clean.

Thanks for all the feedback.

IMG_4265.PNG

Nice, some say that this is the best color. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom