1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decarbon

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtoy80, Jan 31, 2004.

1. landtoy80

landtoy80

Other than the FI cleaners that go in the gas, what other way can you decarbon the motor and EGR port in the intake chamber?

Does AutoRX do the job for in the motor?

I could remove the EGR pipe at the EGR and spray into it but the motor would need to be running to get it sucked in, with the EGR open. Sounds like alot of work.
    I have used Seafoam in the PVC port to get it in the intake but it doesn't reach the EGR port.
    When the EGR is open, it lets exhaust gas(carbon and all) into the intake chamber. A filter in the EGR pipe would remove the carbon but probably plug up fast:-\

The old method of decarboning the motor was "Coke in the Carb", a Coke bottle with water in it, and dump it in to the carb with the motor running.

2. turbocruiser

turbocruiser SILVER Star

I would look at the BG line of products. The 44K is the most incredible fuel system (not just fuel injector) cleaner I have heard of. I have heard that it can clean every major component in the fuel system including clogged up PVC valves and EGR valves. Also they make a quick flush product for the crankcase and block. The 44K makes products as good as Techron look weak. HTH

3. turbocruiser

turbocruiser SILVER Star

OOOOPS, that was PCV not PVC damn lesdyxic people, I mean dislexic people !!!

4. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I spray intake cleaner into one of the holes in the big air intake hose just upstream of the AFM and throttle body - just pull the hose off and spray it in. You have to use the hand throttle to increase the rpms a bit first because when you disconnect a hose you get a big vacuum leak and the engine won't idle well enough to handle spraying in the intake cleaner.

I like B12 Chemtool, which I found at WalMart. I've heard great things about BG Intake Cleaner and I have a can (thanks Steve!) but I haven't tried it yet.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf

>> I mean dislexic people <<

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

He laid awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

-B-