Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Dec 18

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Leave me alone

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make it back yet?
Yes, thank you for asking.

A good day overall, awesome day, awesome weather, almost no one on the trail, finally saw one car at flagpole after waiting there 1+ hour, he came up from Switzer Dam. This was my first time off-roading myself in a car...I have done Moab in an ATV...I shouldn't have gone alone, at least a +1 or +1(+car) would have been ideal...

Some observations...
1. The 80 performed with aplomb, cruising at 80-85MPG and got up to mid 90's.. Near Switzer Dam, the check engine went on and I had lost my speedometer :|
2. The trails were fun, not sure they are suited for my stock GX, got a few scratches on the 80 from the bushes, got stuck a few times but those lockers..it was like cheating
3. Car kep bottoming out, not sure if my shocks are gone or it's the tow hitch/bar or both..probably both..I think the spare kept hitting, I was going a bit fast on some bumps but even when I slowed down, it hit a few times.
4. Road noise was very bad, I think the windshield needs a new seal...my noise canceling headphones came in very handy over my apple buds
5. the Viair 300p performed great, < 2 mins to refill each tire...

Now onto some upgrades...updated with smaller quality pics..initial too large.

IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for asking.

A good day overall, awesome day, awesome weather, almost no one on the trail, finally saw one car at flagpole after waiting there 1+ hour, he came up from Switzer Dam. This was my first time off-roading myself in a car...I have done Moab in an ATV...I shouldn't have gone alone, at least a +1 or +1(+car) would have been ideal...

Some observations...
1. The 80 performed with aplomb, cruising at 80-85MPG and got up to mid 90's.. Near Switzer Dam, the check engine went on and I had lost my speedometer :|
2. The trails were fun, not sure they are suited for my stock GX, got a few scratches on the 80 from the bushes, got stuck a few times but those lockers..it was like cheating
3. Car kep bottoming out, not sure if my shocks are gone or it's the tow hitch/bar or both..probably both..I think the spare kept hitting, I was going a bit fast on some bumps but even when I slowed down, it hit a few times.
4. Road noise was very bad, I think the windshield needs a new seal...my noise canceling headphones came in very handy over my apple buds
5. the Viair 300p performed great, < 2 mins to refill each tire...

Now onto some upgrades

View attachment 2875622

View attachment 2875623
Nice write up. Glad you made it back. I think Taskers Gap is not too sketchy solo but Flag Pole, I learned last week, is not a great idea solo. Some of the 80 guys on here can likely help get your truck sorted maybe via @OTRAMM. Nice lookin rig and pretty awesome you snagged one with lockers! Enjoy!

Totally overstepping here. @JohnVee I would like to come next time. Rawely Springs has a few Air B&B spots that are simple and cheap (last time I looked). There was a couple that managed a ton of locations and would let me stay on the cheap in their fixer uppers.

Totally overstepping here. @JohnVee I would like to come next time. Rawely Springs has a few Air B&B spots that are simple and cheap (last time I looked). There was a couple that managed a ton of locations and would let me stay on the cheap in their fixer uppers.
So you want me to keep you in the loop about trips I don't take instead of just paying attention to this forum yourself? Man, the list of stuff I eyeball for you is getting to be a little much! :flipoff2:

@JohnVee I thought you went. My bad.

WHO LOVES YOU BABY!!!!!

Sarah. Definitely Sarah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom