Events/Trails Dec 28 - Corral Canyon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

43EB59A3-341B-4434-98C6-80DD04632866.jpeg

Brian’s 80

8E97100D-7002-43E7-8C1A-0636EC47A787.jpeg

Leon’s 80... but his may have smoothed out some of the old dents!

When I didn’t think it could get worse....I get a flat on a bad section of trail! I managed to blow the bead off trying to charge in 2 wheel drive due to the broken CV...
E5B1BAB3-1FF8-42FB-BE32-45F1DA8E6136.jpeg

Some great guys stopped to help. With their brute strength and persistence, we managed to get the spare on. We even had to pull an old stump that was sticking up and in the way of putting the fresh wheel and tire on.
8072A885-76C6-4F3C-A0FF-18524B716A88.png

When we finally got to the end of the longest 3 miles I’ve ever run.....
Everyone helped me prepare for the run home. We had to pull both front wheels, remove the drive flanges ( total pain trail side), remove the front driveshaft that was partially covered by the skid plate (skid plate had to come off too).

It was indeed a tough day!

Run photos to follow in next post.....

Those photos are pimp. Sorry about the damage brotha, you'll all get "her" fixed and back on the trail in no time.

Believe me one photo is enough of a reminder! But its nothing that can't be fixed like everything else we tend to break while doing what we love!

Good times, thanks for setting it up Leon and finally getting a chance to explore some of Corral Canyon;)

A busted CV, a long winch pull, a strap pull, body damage, AND a popped bead....all on the same vehicle. Thanks for the great trip report @SocalLCruiser, and way to hang in there during some times that must have been somewhat frustrating for you. I'm pretty sure lollipop rock (because everyone took a lick.....get it?) was because it was too slick to stay on the driver side. Thanks all for coming out. Gunslinger and Bronco Peak will be on the calendar soon.

Yup, Sindwinder is still for real. I remember running years and years ago. It looks tougher now.

Thanks so much Leon for getting us all out on the trail! It was great meeting and wheeling with everyone! Looking forward to Bronco and Gunslinger once they open up again :cheers:

Good times! Thanks Leon for letting me ride shotgun and share in everyone's experience, with the exception of Lollipop rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom