Death Valley run pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TemboTusk

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.tembotusk.com
Here are a few pictures of the SoCal Land Cruiser Club run on President Day weekend in Death Valley.

The weather would not have been better. We had sun the whole weekend. Friday night we could see the storms skirting either side of the valley, but it did not affect us.

Picture:

1: Pleasant Canyon out of Ballarat

2: Near the top of Pleasant Canyon trail

3: Entrance to Golar Wash

4: Leadfield Ghost Town, outside of Titus Canyon

5: Titus Canyon

6: Eureka Duns

7: Saline pass

8: Panimint Valley

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Your weather beat the hell out of the snowstorm we camped in at Mid High Saturday night on the Mojave Road. Made for a lot of fun tho!

Great pictures!!

love the pictures

Weather wise, we were expecting the worst, but, I think we lucked out. Could not have been better.

Would love to see some of your Mojave Road pictures. That is a great run. Look forward to doing it again.

Great pics. Titus canyon and the Eureka Dunes are on my list for my next trip.

I saw a special on the Eureka dunes and under the right conditions they will make a humming sound that is kinda like monks chanting. Weird.

Every time I enter the Golar Wash through those trees, I feel like I'm driving into a Steven King novel. Very eerie!

The Eureka Dunes was great as was Steel Pass, but, I could do without Saline Valley Road. I think that washboard road would rival almost
any road from hell! It was brutal. I could not find a happy speed and it tested every nut and bolt in my Cruiser!

From Stovepipe Wells to Eureka Dunes, Steel Pass, the Springs, Saline Road pass into Panamint Valley and back to Stovepipe Wells was 214 miles
with well over two thirds on dirt/washboard. Next time we might camp at the Springs!
Great Run!

Thanks for the props on the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom