Death Valley pics! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Just got back from a 4 day run down in DV...
Its an annual event called BLOTCH!
We start in the Olancha sand dunes and head off in different directions each time, but one stop that is guaranteed is the Sailine Hot Springs! Nothing better than the shower there!
This year we went to Tea Kettle junction, over to the race track, down Lipencott road and into the springs. Then we headed out the back way from the springs, to the eureka dunes and went off up into the mountains there somewhere!
It was the maiden voyage for my soa'd 62...I got to flex it out a little and get used to the new side hill feel (PUCKER)! I love this rig SOA! night and day difference!
I lost a lower brake caliper bolt somewhere on the washboard and didnt realize it till coming down Lipencott trail when my calipers started dragging on the rim!
Fortunately, one of my bretheren had a bolt that threaded in...a little long, but I was able to finish the trip and make it home on it
Here are some pics!

Hope you enjoy them!

Chicago
blotch07 010.jpg
blotch07 005.jpg
blotch07 009.jpg

more...
blotch07 007.jpg
blotch07 010.jpg

a hard day of wheelin for sure, AEB being passed out in the hot springs!
Never a good idea when wheeling with a bunch of dudes!
blotch07 012.jpg
blotch07 015.jpg
blotch07 017.jpg

Probably the only "tough" bit of terrain we got into on this trip!
Two out of the three yotas did it, and the nicely built ZJ (pictured above) did it too!
blotch07 034.jpg
blotch07 033.jpg

My turn!
blotch07 040.jpg
blotch07 037.jpg
blotch07 039.jpg

MORE
blotch07 045.jpg
blotch07 046.jpg
blotch07 050.jpg

last ones!
blotch07 024.jpg
blotch07 048.jpg
blotch07 049.jpg

Nice picture of the "night watchman"

All but one of my pictures was washed out to the point of being useless. I guess I hit a funky adjustment setting on the digi camera. It is fine now :confused:

Good job Chicago! :beer: :beer:

Glad you had fun...looked like you had good weather too!

Thats a whole bunch of good stuff.
The rig is looking Wi kid looks like you have been busting a$$ on it.

L8R

ken

Yeah,
Its a BLAST with this group!
All are a little rough around the edges, but I trust them with my life!
Espressomon,
The weather was awesome.
Usually we get wind whipped at the dunes, but it was calm as can be out there! Very warm down in the valley...id say around 100*!
HOw was the ghost town run?

Dyaln,
DV is amazing! not much in the way of really TOUGH wheeling with the exception of some tricky spots...more expedition type of stuff. The washboard is BRUTAL!
I figured if my work on the SOA could hold up on that, then I did a pretty good job!

450 dude,
I did bust ass on the rig this winter...WELL WORTH IT! Now I just gotta figure out what I wanna do with the gutless power of the 3 FE!
I love driving on the trail, but on the street...I HATE IT! Soemthing HAS to be done!

Kofoed,
That is a bummer the pics didnt come out! I got a bunch of the scenery and stuff, but not much wheelin pics...My B*TCH was not too savvy on the photo ops!
Youre welcome to what I have!
Get to work on the 40 for next year, so I wont be the only cruiser head in the mix!

Chicago

Looks like a great trip.

Jack

>not much in the way of really TOUGH wheeling with the exception of some
>tricky spots...more expedition type of stuff.

really?

did you go up pleasant canyon or south park? how about over mengel pass?

to me those were at least worthy of a little bit of caution.

wish i was there right now in fact. i need to go explore clairs camp up pleasant canyon.

one love
jah bill

Yeup,
I think so...Last year!
Im not too savvy at the names of all the trails. I catch some from time to time, but I dont know 100% for sure which weve been on and which we havent! A perfect example of this is where we camped the last night....It was georgeous property up there! Would I know how to get there again? Probably not! Im not all too sure of the name of the trail leaving out the back side (upper springs) of the hot springs.
I should mention, however, Im comparing level of difficulty to Deer Valley and Strawberry canyon...Childs play for some, but for me, BEFORE the SOA and locker...It may as well have been the Rubicon, cuz it kicked the SH*T outta me! That was the toughest wheeling Ive done yet!

Its truly amazing down there in DV! Im wishin I were still there too!

:beer:

Chicago

Looks like you had a great trip. I was out there about a month ago. Thanks for posting the picts. Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom