Death Valley Days 2/12-2/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have fun all! :bounce::bounce2:

Trip was epic, awesome (i never use that word), fantastic, amazing, unbelievable, adventurous, challenging, hairraising, lots of poop in underwear from some of challenges encountered, interesting, learned some mechanical skills on suburu trail repair, why do people take regular cars on these trails? Don't ever want to drive on a washboard roads again, Erin makes the best healthy cookies, Tina and I both shared our dislike for shelf roads that drop I mean you cant even see the bottom. 27 degrees one night...sone things got frozen. This group snores big time...lol. no shortage with helping each other. We packed to much.

The bottom line to this trip was the people . We all shsre a passion for wheeling, exploring and camping. Who better to spend this time with then the people I had the privilege to spend on this trip.....Priceless. ..You guys are the best !????

I got home around 8:30 PM. I instinctively grabbed the shovel and went into the backyard for a poo. My dogs were confused. Steve probably got home a few minutes earlier. After some misses in Pahrump we finally got him squared away via a part from O'Reily and a welding help from a local muffler shop.

I have never seen so much insane stupidity from people OUTSIDE of the group and in the same breath insane cooperation, idea generation and assistance from those INSIDE the group. Well done. It's too bad having to give aid to others slowed us down on day 3.

Thanks to Brice and Steve for doing all the research. It made volunteering to be the tail gunner easy. I have organized many multi-day trips and it isn't easy. I hope more folks in the group see the value of being a licensed HAM Radio operator. Great job and don't forget to buy at least 1 warm yet toxic Harbor Freight moving pad! The weather was much colder than expected the first 2 nights.

- Chris

Also need to buy Fireball cinnamon whiskey...that be some gooooooood stuff

Trip was epic, awesome (i never use that word), fantastic, amazing, unbelievable, adventurous, challenging, hairraising, lots of poop in underwear from some of challenges encountered, interesting, learned some mechanical skills on suburu trail repair, why do people take regular cars on these trails? Don't ever want to drive on a washboard roads again, Erin makes the best healthy cookies, Tina and I both shared our dislike for shelf roads that drop I mean you cant even see the bottom. 27 degrees one night...sone things got frozen. This group snores big time...lol. no shortage with helping each other. We packed to much.

The bottom line to this trip was the people . We all shsre a passion for wheeling, exploring and camping. Who better to spend this time with then the people I had the privilege to spend on this trip.....Priceless. ..You guys are the best !????

I got home around 8:30 PM. I instinctively grabbed the shovel and went into the backyard for a poo. My dogs were confused. Steve probably got home a few minutes earlier. After some misses in Pahrump we finally got him squared away via a part from O'Reily and a welding help from a local muffler shop.

I have never seen so much insane stupidity from people OUTSIDE of the group and in the same breath insane cooperation, idea generation and assistance from those INSIDE the group. Well done. It's too bad having to give aid to others slowed us down on day 3.

Thanks to Brice and Steve for doing all the research. It made volunteering to be the tail gunner easy. I have organized many multi-day trips and it isn't easy. I hope more folks in the group see the value of being a licensed HAM Radio operator. Great job and don't forget to buy at least 1 warm yet toxic Harbor Freight moving pad! The weather was much colder than expected the first 2 nights.

- Chris

Well, dang... sounds like a good trip. Can't wait to hear more. Pics?

I'll write more this evening but Mark summed it up nicely. Does anyone have Dropbox Pro? I had created a collaboration space this morning for all of our pictures but soon realized I don't have enough space in my 'free' dropbox. Or some other file cloud service? Thoughts?

Many many thanks to Steve and Brice for putting this together. Also congratulations on what I think was a very successful trip. More than the scenery of the drives, it is the great group of people that make up this club that make these events great.:cheers: Enough mush from me here are some photos.

The view from lower Lippincott into Saline Valley
Rons Phone 383.jpg

One of my favorite shots from Titus Canyon
Rons Phone 625.jpg

And the Dancing raven we found at Uhehebe Crater
Rons Phone 564.jpg

@1Louder Just having fun at the racetrack. Or he was having an episode after all the washboard road.:meh:
Rons Phone 434.jpg

I was doing my morning Yoga. Got a late start. Here's a cool PDF of all of the trails in DV. A good starting point for more research. http://www.scaruffi.com/travel/dvroads.pdf

I am ready to go back.

All of my unedited photos are here: CSC Death Valley 2016

Kirk, Flickr is free and a good place to store photos.

I am ready to go back.

I'm not ready to drive any more washboard roads anytime soon. My truck has way more rattles, not to mention the whole loose wire/loss of power issue.

Will definitely go back to DV though. Looking forward to the next multi-day trip too. I had a blast.

@Otter i was thinking about that have you checked the connector to the ignition switch. Jason said all electrical was cutting out and that is one of the other places that would universally affect the electrical system.

@Otter i was thinking about that have you checked the connector to the ignition switch. Jason said all electrical was cutting out and that is one of the other places that would universally affect the electrical system.

Thanks, Ron. Good idea. I'll check it out.

Brice which book did you take the guide information from? I would like to order it if it is still in print.

Thanks

Brice which book did you take the guide information from? I would like to order it if it is still in print.

Thanks
Chris,

1. Guide to California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails - Amazon
2. California Desert Byways - Amazon
3. Death Valley National Park Recreation Map - Amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom