Death Valley Days 2/12-2/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Starring, Saddletramp, Brices123, Otter, LongDuck, Verruckt1, chaos55, 1louder, Rooty245, Jclark450, Rudster, Dimples.

Possibles:

CrawlAz. Likely to show up early Saturday morning.

Always on the fence but out at this time officially:

Landcruiserphil

We are solidifying plans for Death Valley, Brice and I have ordered our annual National Parks pass $85 in preparation for the trip. Others if unsure can always by the day passes at the last minute.

Trip will depart Friday morning the 12th, early and we will camp in the park three days and return Monday the 15th. This is an overlanding trip with lots of dirt track to cover each day but promises to be very scenic.

More to come, stay tuned.

Here is the trip plan.
Day 1: destination is Beatty, NV before dark for most of us. The Phoenix contingent plan is to meet in Wickenburg at the Mobil/Jack in the Box at 37770 Vulture Mine Road, this is on I93 out of Wickenburg headed to Kingman, meeting at 830 getting gas and departing by 9am. Cheapest gas was reported to be Circle K so we may alter gas site to take advantage of gas savings.

Next stop will be in Kingman, about noon, and meeting with @Pitch at the T/A gas stop on the I93, 946 W. Beale st. Noon to 12:45 or so once people get fuel and have lunch. There may be a cheaper gas station, we will validate price and parking to accommodate the vehicles and the trailers.

From Kingman it will be off onwards Vegas and the final destination of Beatty, fill up with gas and camp our first night just outside of DV park. This location will be posted up so anyone wanting to catch up can locate us.

Day 2: Depart camping site between 8 am and 830, this will be the last opportunity for gas, food, ice etc. Titus canyon to Ubehebe crater, Tea Kettle Junction then the Race Track to our second night of camping just south of the Race track or towards Hidden Valley depending on traffic and weather/wind. Many photo opportunities along the way and we will have the CSC teakettle ceremony, signing, pictures thanks to Brice and Tina.

Day 3: explore additional ghost towns and take in sites along the path, maybe camping closer to the West side of the park or higher up in elevation.

Day 4: out Panamint and exit back towards Vegas. There is gas in a few places out either way but we will put up a few more sights in the itinary later this week.

Rather than make hard and fast sight seeing rules we wanted to make day 3 (Sunday) a bit of an option so others could either split to see different sights or depart if they have to get home early.

Brice and I have committed to taking advantage of every restroom opportunity and making the trip comfortable for everyone.

We had a few last minute cancellations but I believe we are up to date as of 2/12/16. See you all soon

Last edited:
I'm in. Definitely.

Very interested as well.

Fees & Passes - Death Valley National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

We are taking suggestions, right now we are considering Titus canyon, Racetrack, Ubehebe crater, Hidden Valley and Lippencott road.

This will be three nights of camping and we may need to borrow a portable gas campfire.

Someone else's picture of Titus
image.jpeg

Teakettle Junction
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
well.....the grandparents will be in town so maybe we could have an adult overland trip...

Interested. Of course I would want to bring my offroad trailer. Pitch has seen it. I also have a Little Red Campfire in a can. Anyone on the Punkin Center to Young trip also have seen it.

I also have a annual park pass.

Fees & Passes - Death Valley National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

We are taking suggestions, right now we are considering Titus canyon, Racetrack, Ubehebe crater, Hidden Valley and Lippencott road.

This will be three nights of camping and we may need to borrow a portable gas campfire.

All of those places are awesome. Titus Canyon is easy (very, we ran up behind 2 crew cab 4x4 Dodges with HUGE cabover campers and one was towing a Samurai, this was at the bottom of the narrow part). Titus is one way and you enter from the east of the park outside the park boundary. Super scenic, take awhile to explore the ghost town. The Racetrack is eerie, fun, and in the middle of nowhere. In other words, perfect. Bring a Sharpie with you for Teakettle Junction. Ubehebe Crater is north of the Racetrack and on a paved road. Nice hike around (and in, if you're up to it) the crater. We didn't get to do Lippencott time ran out on us.

Oh and speaking of time. We didn't realize how short the days are in the winter there. You are definitely in a VALLEY. The sun set around 4PM when we were there.

I'm definitely in. Great opportunity to see the place with the nicest group of guys, and the overland adventure should make for lasting memories. Looking forward to it,

We are taking suggestions, right now we are considering Titus canyon, Racetrack, Ubehebe crater, Hidden Valley and Lippencott road. .

How about Saline Valley? I have never been, but there are hot springs.

Since Phil likes to go commando, we thought it best to make the hot springs optional.

I will bring my speedo just in case:censor::ban:

Interested. Of course I would want to bring my offroad trailer. Pitch has seen it. I also have a Little Red Campfire in a can. Anyone on the Punkin Center to Young trip also have seen it.

I also have a annual park pass.

Have seen the trailer, the Campfire in a can and heard the sounds of a very sound sleeper. Hope you can make it.

Great to have you joining. I think the schedule is still off in the future enough that we may see some more adds and possible drops.

Pitch is still getting over the idea of LCP and I wearing our swimming attire.

The horror of Saline
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Banana hammocks and grape smugglers, eh? I may have to rethink my decision to go...

I'm definitely in for this trip, will be bringing the puppy with me....and my new secret weapon!

I'm definitely in for this trip, will be bringing the puppy with me....and my new secret weapon!
I was just going to ask if anyone is bringing there canine but you answered that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom