Death Valley 2016 Trip report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can imagine. The meat overdose and continuous force feeding of more and more meat, made me feel like a human fois gras goose.
that's a laugh out loud comment for sure...

:hmm:

0C56D710-032F-4F31-BA85-2C303AE69CF7.jpeg

How was the crowd at Saline, Nial?
Quite mellow. We were expecting a lot of people, being Easter weekend. A lot of the folks were leaving I guess. The usual wacky crowd at the lower springs...

:lol:

Quite mellow. We were expecting a lot of people, being Easter weekend. A lot of the folks were leaving I guess. The usual wacky crowd at the lower springs...

The wacky crowd was much more fun this time. We met some very interesting people.

We saw quite a few “overlanders” or whatever. None stayed. I guess it’s just a tourist stop? I don’t quite get it.

Last edited:
The wacky crowd was much more fun this time. We met some very interesting people.
One guy we met traveled from Lone Pine over Cerro Gordo to the springs. On a bicycle. On his way to Texas.

One guy we met traveled from Lone Pine over Cerro Gordo to the springs. On a bicycle. On his way to Texas.
All I could think to ask him was, Why Texas?

We saw quite a few “overlanders” or whatever. None stayed. I guess it’s just a tourist stop? I don’t quite get it.

Honest question: why do some of you folks think you need all your F*ing light bars on, day and night? Is there some sort of compensation thingie going on, or what?

“Broverlanders”

@surfpig , I passed by that bat pole in my BJ74 a day or so ahead of you on a broverlanding trip with @Dan2722 . We were on our way down from Eureka Dunes and passed through the springs as tourists en route to Panamint, Goler, Mengel, West Side, Harry Wade.

broverland1.jpeg

Neither of us used light bars or posted anything on IG, but I did do some extreme flexing (pictured) and managed to get around some giant boulders (including the one pictured) without a spotter, so hopefully my broverlanding street cred remains intact.

broverland2.jpeg

@surfpig , I passed by that bat pole in my BJ74 a day or so ahead of you on a broverlanding trip with @Dan2722 . We were on our way down from Eureka Dunes and passed through the springs as tourists en route to Panamint, Goler, Mengel, West Side, Harry Wade.

broverland1.jpeg

Neither of us used light bars or posted anything on IG, but I did do some extreme flexing (pictured) and managed to get around some giant boulders (including the one pictured) without a spotter, so hopefully my broverlanding street cred remains intact.

broverland2.jpeg
You should have stayed a while.

:meh:

broverland1.jpeg

broverland2.jpeg

I’m amazed you made it through without a snorkle or roof rack. Excellent job :clap:

Was just down there in DV around April 10th. Only 102* at Furnace Creek! 😆

IMG_3453.jpeg

He was cool. We got to hang out with him in Piano Dan’s camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom