Dealership won't install front lift spacers on the 2016 due to Dynamic Radar Cruise Control liability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got mine back after having the spacers installed. The service tech called me after I dropped it off asking why I wanted these installed and I expected them to quote the “won’t work with radar CC” statement. Oddly enough, he actually told me that he had his master technician there with him and he said they’ve never installed these before and. It would be double the quoted price because they would have to disassemble the electronic suspension system and recalibrate it and that could open up a whole can of worms. I asked if he was talking about the KDSS and he said I don’t have KDSS. I explained I did so he had to look up the VIN to verify and said I have a off-road KDSS. I also told him many others have paid the original quoted price for this installation, but I wasn’t going to pay over $1000 in labor so forget it. He called me back 10 mins later and said they would do the install and eat the difference in price, but it would take a day and a half for installation. I agreed and they had it done by end of day. I’m glad it worked out in the end, because I like the look without the front end lean, but if I had to do it again, I don’t think it would be worth the trouble for anesthetic reason and to hope to avoid tire rub putting on 33” tires.

I’m glad it all worked out! Try to find a local independent shop that specializes in Toyotas. A local shop that that I found through yelp! Ended up being cruiser heads. After a few minutes of chatting, I knew I was in the right place. Estimated 2 hours of labor and completed within the time frame.

Update: my tires do rub slightly on the passenger side in the front while reversing in full lock. It's a small area and I'm not concerned about it.
Just need to be mindful of minimizing the angle when I'm reversing out the driveway!

I just got mine back after having the spacers installed. The service tech called me after I dropped it off asking why I wanted these installed and I expected them to quote the “won’t work with radar CC” statement. Oddly enough, he actually told me that he had his master technician there with him and he said they’ve never installed these before and. It would be double the quoted price because they would have to disassemble the electronic suspension system and recalibrate it and that could open up a whole can of worms. I asked if he was talking about the KDSS and he said I don’t have KDSS. I explained I did so he had to look up the VIN to verify and said I have a off-road KDSS. I also told him many others have paid the original quoted price for this installation, but I wasn’t going to pay over $1000 in labor so forget it. He called me back 10 mins later and said they would do the install and eat the difference in price, but it would take a day and a half for installation. I agreed and they had it done by end of day. I’m glad it worked out in the end, because I like the look without the front end lean, but if I had to do it again, I don’t think it would be worth the trouble for anesthetic reason and to hope to avoid tire rub putting on 33” tires.

Sounds like this shop doesn't have a clue!

Update: my tires do rub slightly on the passenger side in the front while reversing in full lock. It's a small area and I'm not concerned about it.
Just need to be mindful of minimizing the angle when I'm reversing out the driveway!
I have the same issue after getting the spacers mounted. Exact. But only when I turn it to the wheel right while backing up, it does not happen when I wheel left.

I am wondering if anyone has the 1.25" wheel spacers installed with the Toyota front lift spacers and if that rubbing occurs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom