Dealership Brake Fluid Flush Now Suspension Popping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright folks, checking myself here.

Getting ready for a 5,000+ road trip.

Took my 2000 to dealership to get brake fluid flushed.

On way home, hear/feel the occasional what I am assuming suspension pop from front left.

I have a lift and diff drop.

When I pull on front left wheel at 12 o’clock I can get it to make a noise.

If I put my hand on the UCB (I think?) I feel it more in the middle (B, near the big bolt) than at either end (A/C).

Any risk of this derailing my trip? Something need tightening? I don’t have the right socket for the middle bolt but can go get one for sure.

Would appreciate help ASAP :)

667D4B82-FBEE-4F63-859C-D2B15385C5AD.jpeg

Took my 2000 to dealership
Mistake #1

If I put my hand on the UCB (I think?) I feel it more in the middle (B, near the big bolt) than at either end (A/C).

Any risk of this derailing my trip? Something need tightening? I don’t have the right socket for the middle bolt but can go get one for sure.
Tightening that bolt probably isn’t going to do anything for you. Doesn’t look like the shaft+nut are sliding in the slot. The ball joint likely needs replaced. It’s only available from SPC.

Mistake #1

Tightening that bolt probably isn’t going to do anything for you. Doesn’t look like the shaft+nut are sliding in the slot. The ball joint likely needs replaced. It’s only available from SPC.
Take a look at the video I posted if you don’t mind

If it is upper ball joint, how critical? Can I take this trip or am I sunk before I start?

Definitely looks and sounds like slop in the ball joint. See here:

If it is upper ball joint, how critical? Can I take this trip or am I sunk before I start?
I would not drive it. Ball joint failure can be catastrophic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom