Dealers getting desperate, maybe a sign of what's to come in the post 200 world? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got this message after my visit to the local dealership

1616526402908.png

this is what it looks like

1616526463072.png

You think someone at the dealership actually saw it and thought gee, i could sell that easily, or it just got caught automatically by a filter in their system?

Ha, well then. I guess im lucky to have never noticed them before.

Yeah I get them all the time as well, my 200 and the 2-3 vehicles we had before them.

another advantage of our Tesla? No service and no spam (so far).

This (and other reasons) is why I never share my "real" email addresses with car dealers. I have a burner account that I use with them. I also get this type of spam on the IS convertible that I sold 2 years ago, despite telling them I no longer have the car.

At least they were honest enough to call that $15K a markup and not a Doc Fee.

Holy lord! I show every one of these insane sticker posts to my wife along with “dang babe, look at this one!! Thank goodness you decided to order back in August and save us all that money for all those mods we are getting!”

We had planned to wait for more details on the 300 to come out. Thankfully we were nudged to not wait... our mod budget could have been obliterated in BS markups.

I get that for my 991 all the time.

It’s a beat up track car with trashed seats and 140k miles.

No one wants it.

View attachment 2623878

View attachment 2623880

You think someone at the dealership actually saw it and thought gee, i could sell that easily, or it just got caught automatically by a filter in their system?

Clearly it was auto generated but they have triggers set for these. I went to the dealer a few months ago to fix my rear gate opener on my 18, and without exaggeration, 1 minute after checking in with the SA I get a call from the sales manager asking if I would like to sell it.

View attachment 2623878

View attachment 2623880

Got the same one about my 7 year old Sienna after every visit to the dealers.

@Eric Sarjeant any insight on what’s going on here from an expert? Just creating leads for new car sales by offering to take a trade-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom