Dealer for 200 recall/warranty work in Boston area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations for a dealership that won't mess up too many things when I take the 200-series in? After numerous bad experiences with various brands I avoid dealers like plague, but with the recall work looming (seat belt, fuel pump) I will be forced to go to one.

I am slightly north of Boston. My prior experience with Toyota Woburn where I took my Tacoma was very poor. In the south, Route 44 Toyota also sucked (that's where I bought the Taco).

I’ve had really good luck at Acton Toyota of Littleton on my 200. The dealership is nice, has plenty of room To work while they’re doing service.

they did my recall work and some other warranty work.

I’ve also had work done on my 100 at IRA Toyota in Danvers, but I have to be a bit choosy about which service advisor I work with.

Probably not on your radar, but i won't go back to Toyota of Portsmouth again. And after the awful experience i had with IRA Lexus in Bedford NH I'm done with any IRA dealership.

Thanks for sharing.

Curious if anyone has experience with Toyota Lexington or Herb Chambers Toyota in Boston?

Btw, I see a bunch of 200-series around, two if not three right in my town, but all seem to be mall crawlers. Not many 200 mudders around Boston it seems... comes with the territory I guess.

I’ve had really good luck at Acton Toyota of Littleton on my 200. The dealership is nice, has plenty of room To work while they’re doing service.

they did my recall work and some other warranty work.

I’ve also had work done on my 100 at IRA Toyota in Danvers, but I have to be a bit choosy about which service advisor I work with.

Btw, saw you mention KDSS work after lift on your 200. Was that at Acton Toyota?

Last edited:
Btw, saw you mention KDSS work after lift on your 200. Was that at Action Toyota?

actually no, that was at Grapone toyota in Bow, NH. But that was because Mainline Overland coordinated with them after Mainline installed the lift. didn’t have direct contact with them, but was involved in discussions.

I’m not a big fan of Wellesley Toyota, but they haven’t actually messed anything up.

Even though I live in Watertown, the only time my wife’s LC has been to Toyota of Watertown was to pick me up. I no longer take my Tundra there due to issues I’ve had with them. After a big screw up by the service department, we no longer take it the LC to Toyota of Nashua. We have had great luck with both vehicles at Herb Chambers Toyota of Boston. It’s a pretty tight fit getting in and out, but they’ve been straight forward with us.

Regard Lexington Toyota, they serviced my Sequoia before. The service mechanic forgot to plug the wiring of MAP sensor back and it's trigger CEL after I left the service center. I really don't trust dealer hence I'm a DIY.

I wish they would just hand me the parts for a recall and let me do it myself, but that won't happen. So we get in line, hope they don't screw it up too badly.

Bump. Any updates? Still have not taken the cruiser in anywhere.

Any opinions on Rockingham Toyota in Salem?

Bump. Any updates? Still have not taken the cruiser in anywhere.

Any opinions on Rockingham Toyota in Salem?

I lived in Salem NH for 25 years, until 2008. That was my go-to for parts, they gave me a 20% discount. I doubt they do that anymore. My son did his co-op with the Auto classes there, and he had some scary stories, but that was 2004-2006. This was back when they were on Rt 97, almost to Haverhill. I know that Emmett Horgan (owner at the time, no idea if he's still the man) was a Cruiser guy, had a couple of vintage 40's that he would park in the showroom occasionally.

Probably not a consideration, but I had a not-so-good experience with Portsmouth Toyota a year ago with the seatbelt recall fiasco. Won't go back there again.

I would recommend Wellesley Toyota. Their master mechanic know LC200 and have help me fix some problem (stuck kdss valve). Have a great experience with the service center during the Covid pandemic.

I think Wellesley Toyota is solid. They've done a couple services apparently well, although they did try to upsell me when my gas cap spring broke. And their owner, Nai Nan Ko, also owns a Cruiser shop called Roko (that a couple of fellows on here recommended me). It seems like they know what they're doing, and he's a huge car guy.

I would recommend Wellesley Toyota. Their master mechanic know LC200 and have help me fix some problem (stuck kdss valve). Have a great experience with the service center during the Covid pandemic.

Be aware that there are 2 Wellesley Toyota locations. The New Car center is freshly built and seems nice. I went to the Used Car place a couple years ago to look at a 200, and it was awful. Truck was up on a lift getting new tires (they put the crappy Dunlops on it again), and they wouldn't even lower it down so I could look inside. They wouldn't even talk about trying the KDSS bleeders. The repair bays were a mess, crap everywhere. I left there feeling like I needed to take a shower.

Be aware that there are 2 Wellesley Toyota locations. The New Car center is freshly built and seems nice. I went to the Used Car place a couple years ago to look at a 200, and it was awful. Truck was up on a lift getting new tires (they put the crappy Dunlops on it again), and they wouldn't even lower it down so I could look inside. They wouldn't even talk about trying the KDSS bleeders. The repair bays were a mess, crap everywhere. I left there feeling like I needed to take a shower.

Just because you have bad experience years ago can't justified the current dealership offering.

The only reason I recommend this dealership because they have knowledgable master mechanic in house. Roko vehicle LLC, a well known local overland outfitter, is using this service center for a lot of installation. The relationship seems to work well. I have seen a few LC200 in/out of this dealership service bay. I already recommend a few LC owner to reach out to Roko. So far, all positive feedback. @CT3 can vow for Roko. :)

While my LC was in the service bay for KDSS valve issue, Wellesley toyota service center call and get the selt belt replaced as part of recall. I wasn't expecting extra service, but I do appreciate that. Also a few minor adjustment was done too.

Just because you have bad experience years ago can't justified the current dealership offering.

I think it's obvious that we are talking about 2 different places. You must be dealing with the service dept at the much newer New Cars location, which is right up the street from the Used Cars lot, where I was. I'm leaving out the pestering emails that they started sending me after I left, asking "what would it take". Very sleazy.

When I was in the service bay asking about checking the KDSS bleeders, they had NO IDEA what I was talking about. When I walked under the truck and showed them, they refused to touch them.

It's good to hear the other place is good to work with. Good service departments are rare, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom