Dealer broke a stud during gas tank recall - What is it for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had the gas tank recall done, and while I was looking over the work I found a broken stud they just left. :mad:

Do you guys know what these bolts are holding up.
Fuel tank replacement 1.jpg
Fuel tank replacement 2.jpg

Rear sway bar support, it needs to be replaced. MIke

Wow, that's some half-assed mechanics they have working for them. I'd be sure to complain.

It's the bolt that holds the whole truck together. Sway bar support, x2.

what is the gas tank recall for? i jus recently got a 83 fj 60 is this truck included in the recall? if so how do i get it fixed

Yes, complain

But I pulled my swaybars years ago and I bet you won't notice a difference unless your springs are worn out as well as your shocks. I run OME heavies with an extra leaf and run heavy all the time. My rig is my ride to work and there is no noticeable body roll on the highway and swaybars just get in the way off road.

Tony

I like the sway bars, esp. when pulling a trailer. Mike

raise hell they should have replaced it. they probally dont have the part in stock and will have to order it but they should have told you. you could probally get a free oil change or something on top of it.

I'd ask for the bolt and replace it myself. Clearly they can't be trusted to fix it and there's no way in hell that I'd let them near the oil pan.

There is no bolt to replace...it's attached to the sway bar bracket itself. It would have to be drilled out and a new bolt put through the bracket.

I would raise hell and have them replace the bracket. What a crock...(I just did this job)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom