Deal gone bad. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I been lurkin on CL lookin for a 45 that I could call my own. I stumbled on this ad for various different cruisers being sold, including “45 cabs and frames.” So I got to inquire, right? Maybe the opportunity never comes up again to own the steeziest vehicle of all times. What’s the worst that can happen, right?
C5DA19EC-0C55-4676-8C0A-9522C10E7D09.jpeg

Now, call me what you will about my initial reply regarding the clarity on his first response, however if you communicate like some drug dealer talking about nickels and dime bags, I really gotta get the deets firmed up in order to proceed with a conversation on a transaction of this magnitude. I regret to have responded to this guy this way, but he probably voted for Hillary and should have his brain examined for parasitic coronavirus.

For what it's worth: I've met "Henry". He has /had a number of FJ45s off and on sale for many years. The Craigs ad is probably the same trucks I looked at, nothing new. A few are relatively complete, most laying in the weeds, some with good potential. He's very proud of what he has, likes the attention they bring. Stories of past glory are confusing and questionable, as are the vague "asking" prices, and the "why are you here?" comments. Have tried to create a reasonable sale, however when pushed, the prices become excessive, and negotiations deteriorate in frustration.

Others have tried after me, to no avail. Probably best to avoid, unless you like haggling in frustrating inconclusive circles that go nowhere, much like a dog chasing his own tail.

Old Henry, kind of a hermit in the hills, bought a frame and title from him years ago. Very Leary on the whole thing but needed a 45 frame! Took a chance and it turns out, he was pretty nice, but eccentric for sure. He just doesn’t have people skills!

I bet @wngrog could deal with him.

Briefly,

The prices are moving targets, in a constantly fluctuating question-and-answer, typical of someone who really has no interest in selling at all.

He probably has a number in mind. Usually it is much higher than a reasonable person would pay. He is looking for that one person who really wants one at any cost.

Well, as has been said, holding your breath to be the ONE person he actually relates to, is too vague for me and probably most of us. Are there folks who could deal with his strange personality--sure. But that's not me. If his items were the only ones in existence, then cling to whatever small hope that one day you find him in a good mood, not delusional, socially functional, and actually willing to finalize a sale.

But his stuff isn't extraordinary and he would likely never simply give it away for pennies. Yes, some day, some one will gain possession of it, but since it's been years out there and still hasn't moved, and the reports of his behavior are much the same, not likely to happen any day soon. My time is better spent looking elsewhere rather than chasing my tail.

A character for sure. I have found other sources and have more than enough projects to keep me busy. Probably have said too much and been too opinionated about my experiences--my apologies. Best of luck to you.

Well after I responded to him with my last text message, he politely replied "OK, f**k you."

I have had luck finding 60's, 40's and 55's for sale during my cruises for tacos, so I can count on my luck to stumble across a toyota truck in some Mexican dudes backyard for $1,500.00. Stranger things have happened.

Wish me luck.

Ciao

Well after I responded to him with my last text message, he politely replied "OK, f**k you."

I have had luck finding 60's, 40's and 55's for sale during my cruises for tacos, so I can count on my luck to stumble across a toyota truck in some Mexican dudes backyard for $1,500.00. Stranger things have happened.

Wish me luck.

Ciao

ahahaha that guys a jackass.

I don't care how eccentric you are, compose a decent letter/response/reply with proper use of the English language.

Show some respect for other people's time.

What a douche nozzle.

Are there any pics of his stuff?

Most of the time the story behind the truck... where you got it... how you found it... the previous owners... and the stories associated with them all are as important as the truck itself.
Fo sho, but particularly when the bro selling the goods is cool, not a kook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom