DEAL ENDED-Great deals on parts through Toyota (March 2022) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Door weatherstrips all received last week from Marietta Toyota, including a wrong PN that was a mistake on my end. Sucks to pay full pop for the one I f'd up on. Tried ordering that one from Culver City Toyota but got asshat attitude from the parts counter dude. No need for y'all to go there.

No complaints though, good communication from Marietta, installed what I could over the weekend. The 40 is much quieter now.
Culver City Toyota is my local and I've basically stopped using them for anything but the easiest/smallest orders. There's been a long term guy there who is cool, but everyone else is a disappointment.

Culver City Toyota is my local and I've basically stopped using them for anything but the easiest/smallest orders. There's been a long term guy there who is cool, but everyone else is a disappointment.
Seconded here, would NOT want to deal with Culver City Toyota - if you want decent service, shop elsewhere

Got an update from Decatur today. Eric from the internet department and I had a quick conversation and we adjusted my order. He was very courteous and helped me get exactly what I wanted. They had 2200+ orders from the sale and they’re still working through it. I told them to put me on the bottom of the pile since I’ll still be in Hawaii for a few more months and my parts are going to TN. You’re welcome.

@FMC80 Did you adjust items, or just have them fulfill other orders ahead of yours? Are you still getting a shiny new short block?

Seconded here, would NOT want to deal with Culver City Toyota - if you want decent service, shop elsewhere
Well there's always Northridge Toyota. Their prices can't be beat--and not in a good way...

@FMC80 Did you adjust items, or just have them fulfill other orders ahead of yours? Are you still getting a shiny new short block?
Both, Mike and yes. I removed the head and cams. After deliberating with myself and consulting with some mud gurus, I decided I didn’t need them. Kept the short block, engine harness, radiator, etc.

Both, Mike and yes. I removed the head and cams. After deliberating with myself and consulting with some mud gurus, I decided I didn’t need them. Kept the short block, engine harness, radiator, etc.
Save me some money down the road. Why don't you need them--and why doesn't that logic apply to the block?

Save me some money down the road. Why don't you need them--and why doesn't that logic apply to the block?
It was likely overkill to buy all of that for me. There is no real reason for me to buy any of those items but I figured I would because the sale was enticing. Heads and cams need a compelling reason for replacement and in my case I didn’t have one.

The short block I kept because it was just so cheap and it was good insurance for me in case I need one. In my specific case, I bought a 40th with “engine issues”. I haven’t had a chance to begin troubleshooting it because I’m in Hawaii still and the cruiser is waiting for me on my farm in the CONUS. So when I get to the farm, I’ll troubleshoot. Who knows, I may need a short block.

To quote my internet mentor, “if one of the engines truly needs a complete rebuild, keep the short block on order. The price you’re getting it for is WAY less than you’ll be able to have either of the existing engines machined, new bearings, new pistons, new rings, and all that, let alone the labor”.

I figured **** it, I’ll have a short block to stare at until I need it, they’re really pretty.

It was likely overkill to buy all of that for me. There is no real reason for me to buy any of those items but I figured I would because the sale was enticing. Heads and cams need a compelling reason for replacement and in my case I didn’t have one.

The short block I kept because it was just so cheap and it was good insurance for me in case I need one. In my specific case, I bought a 40th with “engine issues”. I haven’t had a chance to begin troubleshooting it because I’m in Hawaii still and the cruiser is waiting for me on my farm in the CONUS. So when I get to the farm, I’ll troubleshoot. Who knows, I may need a short block.

To quote my internet mentor, “if one of the engines truly needs a complete rebuild, keep the short block on order. The price you’re getting it for is WAY less than you’ll be able to have either of the existing engines machined, new bearings, new pistons, new rings, and all that, let alone the labor”.

I figured f*** it, I’ll have a short block to stare at until I need it, they’re really pretty.
Ha! Haven't priced a rebuild yet; thanks for the tip! What were they selling for?

Ha! Haven't priced a rebuild yet; thanks for the tip! What were they selling for?
My short block cost $2850 with freight shipping. They allotted $300 for freight but it may end up being more.

My short block cost $2850 with freight shipping. They allotted $300 for freight but it may end up being more.
That's gotta be cheaper than a new-head-with-parts. Damn.

Wallet suck.....

Screenshot_20220518-115405_Gmail.jpg

25% has been their minimum discount for years, for most parts it's over 30% discount every day.

If anyone hears of another superdiscount sale (40+%) please let us all know.

25% has been their minimum discount for years, for most parts it's over 30% discount every day.

If anyone hears of another superdiscount sale (40+%) please let us all know.
I'm such a sucker.....

I'm such a sucker.....
No, it's still one of the best places to buy parts, day-to-day. When the MOATS (Mother Of All Toyota Sales) is not running...

Last edited:
Decatur dealer; Asked for an update on my orders via email Thursday, got a response this afternoon that my orders should be shipped by the end of the week.
Still waiting on my order - Ordered seat foam top and bottoms for front seats and rear bottoms which are backordered

What are you new? 🤑

Still waiting on my exhaust/header order. Closing in on 60 days now.
I’m in the same boat, I placed 4 orders with Decatur totaling about $2k and haven’t heard a word yet about status. My orders were placed between 20 - 27 March. Checked with them early last week and was told they were up to processing orders for parts placed up to 17 March at that time. So depending on when you placed your order during the sale window, it could still be awhile. My understanding is that they are a small dealership and only about 4 guys in the Parts Department and doing the best they can to clear the backlog from the March Madness sale.

I’m in the same boat, I placed 4 orders with Decatur totaling about $2k and haven’t heard a word yet about status. My orders were placed between 20 - 27 March. Checked with them early last week and was told they were up to processing orders for parts placed up to 17 March at that time. So depending on when you placed your order during the sale window, it could still be awhile. My understanding is that they are a small dealership and only about 4 guys in the Parts Department and doing the best they can to clear the backlog from the March Madness sale.
I gave up and told them to cancel mine. You would think they would bring in extra help to fill the orders, but why do that when people are willing to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom