Dead Wobble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi.
I have an RJ-77 of 93. I use 285/75 / R16 tires. It is a sprint forward and back and I installed a 2 "Old Man Emu suspension kit. For years I have dined having problems with what is called deaht wobble. I have replaced the bushings of the suspension arms, the terminals, the bushings of the bar that goes from the chassis to the differential tunnel, the steering damper also I put OME and even installed an additional sterring damper and still the problem continues.I recently changed the main steering damper for a new one and the tremor feels a lot less, but I know that this is not the definitive solution because I still feel a bit of movement in the guide, especially when I go in curves at a speed of between 50km / h and 70km / h.

IMG-20180701-WA0019.jpg
I love my truck but that situation makes me he has disenchanted since until today I have not been able to solve that problem, I only manage to lessen it for a while and then it comes back with the same force.

Did you check your knuckle bolts(make sure they are tight) and possible worn knuckle bearings. Have you jacked up front and make sure front wheel bearings are tight? My 2c

Thanks for the advice. I will take it into account to see if I solve the problem

I have the same problem. I'm going to swap out my electric hubs for manual hubs soon. I think in my case the problem is one of my wheel bearings is not preloaded right. If it corrects the issue, I'll report back.

check your wheel balance

A friend of mine had same problems with his HJ 73 , Balanced wheels on a machine , still no fix, then had them balanced on the truck, still no fix, found out later that rim had a small bend in the bead, changed wheels and all good. Check for radial run out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom