dead springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
had my stock springs rearched but they are allready starting to fall :doh: (6mo) so i guess there dead 25 years not to bad. thinking about puting on 2.5 lift springs but dont need 2.5 and want a softer ride so if i remove 1 or more leaf could i end up with say 1.5 and a soft ride? if so which leaf(s) would you recommend?

Good ride?

OME shocks and springs.

Save the stockers, someone out here will want them...

Good luck!

-Steve

I have Rancho 2.5, and they rode sooooo harsh for the first 4 years or so. I then cleaned them up, removed a leaf, and opened up the retainers, adding teflon, and now the ride is very supple. Actually far better ride than I thought imagineable for lifted springs. But I think they are still 2.25 inches, so a 1.5 inch lift would be hard to acheive. Get good stock springs, or get a used kit like mine, clean it up, and deal with the height.

BTB has legend series springs. They have been working great for me. Spend the $ for something that will last.

which leaf/s would you remove? unloaded (ie no gear) my 40 weighs in at only 3800 lbs. so fully laoded inc. 2 people would be somwhere around 4500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom