1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead springs

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by kc_chevota, Feb 8, 2004.

1. kc_chevota

kc_chevota SILVER Star

had my stock springs rearched but they are allready starting to fall :doh: (6mo) so i guess there dead 25 years not to bad. thinking about puting on 2.5 lift springs but dont need 2.5 and want a softer ride so if i remove 1 or more leaf could i end up with say 1.5 and a soft ride? if so which leaf(s) would you recommend?

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Good ride?

OME shocks and springs.

Save the stockers, someone out here will want them...

Good luck!

-Steve

3. Archengine

Archengine

I have Rancho 2.5, and they rode sooooo harsh for the first 4 years or so. I then cleaned them up, removed a leaf, and opened up the retainers, adding teflon, and now the ride is very supple. Actually far better ride than I thought imagineable for lifted springs. But I think they are still 2.25 inches, so a 1.5 inch lift would be hard to acheive. Get good stock springs, or get a used kit like mine, clean it up, and deal with the height.

4. mustardfj40

mustardfj40

OME 2.5" lift. I used to have OME springs/shocks, I thought it rode nicer than my friend TJ.

/td

5. Tboss

Tboss

BTB has legend series springs. They have been working great for me. Spend the $ for something that will last.

6. kc_chevota

kc_chevota SILVER Star

which leaf/s would you remove? unloaded (ie no gear) my 40 weighs in at only 3800 lbs. so fully laoded inc. 2 people would be somwhere around 4500