Dead Speedometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alrighty I just got the cruiser going again, finally got time to finish, anyway after insatlling a block heater and disconnecting the EDIC, and the battery on that side, my speedo doesn't move at all. I have a big blue wire that looks like a ground going no were, but I never took it off, I see it goes to the back of the truck and it just sits inside the frame, I dunno if it supposed to be there, it looks like a big ground to me. Needless to say I need to spend some time re shrink rapping some wiring and just cleaning up.

Any ideas?

Stone's right, it's mechanical. You'll see it on the t-case held in place with a nut and collar. It may have slipped out at either end or broken. If you do repair or replace it, shoot some cable lube (motorcycle shop) down the line.

stick a drill on the t/case end with someone watching hte speedo and run the drill in reverse and you should see the speedo move...
cheers

I was just thinking about it, and having gone through a lot of speedo cables, this is what I think happened. as you were messing around with the block heater, you pushed the cable in a bit too much into the cab, thus kinking it and thus it snapped. If you replace it pull out the cord to see where it snapped, if it is near the top, then I am most likely right. When you are putting in the new one, make sure to hook up the top first, bolt in the dash, then pull all the slack out of the fire wall, so there is no kink (ask me how I know!) then bolt up the tcase side.
Cheers,
Deny

Edit- Or what Bruce said, damn I had to be typing for a long time! :D

actually it was an easy fix, I some how moved it enough to pull it off the cluster, looks like tha cable has actually been replaced lately but going through all the previous owner bills, I don't see anything.

Works perfect now, thanks guys, I thought I might have to rely on the speedo on my GPS for the trip this weekend.

Thanks for the quick replys and help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom