dead in the water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How waterproof are the fj60s. Rained in my neck of the woods and was driving pretty slow and some jackhole drove by me in a superduty and stalled my vehicle out. After an embarassing 5 minutes trying to start her up, it finally fired up. could water have gotten to my distibutor that easy? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan

ya it very well could have.i would pull the cap, check the oil to make sure no water got sucked in. not that i think it would have;) check all of your wires just for the hell of it. and pull your air filter to see if its clean.normally it takes alot more than that to shut a cruiser down:beer:

If everything is in good condition, the 60s are quite water resistant. They have an o-ring around the distributor cap and also pull fresh air through the ditributor from inside the cab to pull any moisture out of the dizzy.

Instead of spewing out info, here's a great article Mark Whatley wrote on waterproofing your rig.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/departments/landcruiser/whatley/jan0198/jan0198.htm

If the dizzy looks dry inside, as it should, I'd go for a new set of quality plug wires.

Are you using the distributor boot?

Thats some great tech info Cruzerman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom