Dead front door speaker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had buzzing from the driver's door speaker for a while and finally got around to ordering the re-foam kit from simplyspeaker. I took the door panels off and found the driver's door speaker had a tear in the foam which was expected. What was unexpected was that the passenger door speaker puts out no sound at all. I switched the speakers and the driver's side speaker puts out sound when hooked up to the passenger side and the passenger speaker is still dead when connected on the driver's side.

So, do I just buy new speakers now? The wires in the bad speaker seem fine but I'm guessing the speaker can't be fixed? I could then save the re-foam kit for the rear doors or do I replace all 4 speakers?

Speakers are so cheap that yes, I would recommend just replacing it. I recently just replaced every part of my sound system and it was not all that expensive and the results were worth every penny. Since the wiring appears to be working properly, replacement will be worth it just so you don’t have to keep taking the door apart trying to chase a problem that a $40 speaker would solve.

I've had buzzing from the driver's door speaker for a while and finally got around to ordering the re-foam kit from simplyspeaker. I took the door panels off and found the driver's door speaker had a tear in the foam which was expected. What was unexpected was that the passenger door speaker puts out no sound at all. I switched the speakers and the driver's side speaker puts out sound when hooked up to the passenger side and the passenger speaker is still dead when connected on the driver's side.

So, do I just buy new speakers now? The wires in the bad speaker seem fine but I'm guessing the speaker can't be fixed? I could then save the re-foam kit for the rear doors or do I replace all 4 speakers?

yeah! makes sense, if you want to remain stock and not have mismatched speakers maybe you can find someone on forum who switched eveything out completely and they can sell you one.

Places like Crutchfield sell drop in ready replacement speakers for pretty cheap. I agree with SF1911A1 its not worth the hassle of chasing down the issues if the wiring is not the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom