Dead AC Amplifier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a proud owner of a 1997 Lexus LX450, I have owned since 1998. I baby her as if she just come off the assembly line. I don't use her a daily drive, kept in the garage majority of the time. Last week was raining cats and dogs, and I was at work when wife had call and said her car would not start. I was out of state at this time and if I was there, I would had drove her anywhere she had to go. She asked for the keys for my rig so she could go to the airport and pick up her sister. I had sunroof open to my rig while it was inside of the garage. So, when she got inside the truck she close the sunroof she had thought. She backed the truck out of the garage and parked it in the drive way, because our daughter had shown up to take her to the airport. Anyway, sunroof was partially open and rain water is all in the truck. So I get home and rig is in the garage windows up and sunroof closed. I opened the door and smell the wet odor that comes when your inside get wet. Ok, thought about it, but didn't think to heavily on it until I got in it and drove it to the first stop signal and my blower stop blowing, and radio would shot off then turn back on. I took it to my mechanic and was told that AC amplifier was bad. I said ok, what would that cost? We started looking for OEM part from Lexus and they no longer sale the part, @#$#$$!!!! So, I am reaching out with both arms if anyone could help locate or sale one. the part number for the AC Amplifier : 88650 - 60130
please help!!!!!!

Yep, this is one of those things you definitely want in your stash.

I had a similar experience with ceramic tint install on windshield. Tint folks used a lot of water floating the tint into place. Opened all windows and put a portable fan in floor blowing under dash. Left it that way for a week. rechecked it in a week and it worked fine. That amplifier is like a cup with the open end up and is close to the firewall. You could remove it and completely dry it out. The plastic case containing the amplifier has a small opening in the bottom for drainage but may block with dirt,lint, etc. in short, don’t give up on it. Check the pc board for corrosion and gently clean. It may live.

I had a similar experience with ceramic tint install on windshield. Tint folks used a lot of water floating the tint into place. Opened all windows and put a portable fan in floor blowing under dash. Left it that way for a week. rechecked it in a week and it worked fine. That amplifier is like a cup with the open end up and is close to the firewall. You could remove it and completely dry it out. The plastic case containing the amplifier has a small opening in the bottom for drainage but may block with dirt,lint, etc. in short, don’t give up on it. Check the pc board for corrosion and gently clean. It may live.
I will pull amplifier tomorrow and Check. If this is a common problem I wonder why the technician did not try correcting the problem by drying and cleaning the unit? I will keep you posted on my progress! I would hate not being able to drive it during the summer months here in
exas.

I will pull amplifier tomorrow and Check. If this is a common problem I wonder why the technician did not try correcting the problem by drying and cleaning the unit? I will keep you posted on my progress! I would hate not being able to drive it during the summer months here in
exas.
I was really luck last week and was able to fine a replacement AC amplifier online at Cruiserpart.com. it just arrived this morning and I am AMPED, about getting it installed. wish me luck!

exas.
Sorry the website is cruiserparts.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom