De-smog question # 83,947,463 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
I just dropped in a 1982 FJ60 drivetrain into my 1966 FJ45

Have been reading for...well Im cross-eyed...and tired day 2

I just want it all gone!!! But from reading some of the threads....thats not going to happen...but kind if tired of the he said she said...

Thought I would find a FAQ thread in either the 40 or 60 section that would be exact and to the point....what can go and what MUST stay...as you can tell I would love for it to look like a "F" engine...with nothing...how close can I get?

IS THERE A THREAD THAT IS DIRECT AND TO THE POINT?? Please show me the light :idea:
>>Please be aware...I have 0 idea what this crap is or what it does....so pleas put in terms a 6yr old could understand......maybe I'll have her do it for me<<

(may have missed it while trying to read cross eyed....or getting up to feed/water/help/yell/chase/feed again the 6yr old...)

Please help....... make my "best friend for the day" list

Much Thanks..................:cheers: :beer: :beer: :beer:

P.S. trying to do this with a skinny wallet...so tying to keep it OEM or work with what I have as possible

Last edited:
i have webers in both the 40 and 60. the only vacuum they have, is for the booster, pcv and advance. pretty sure that's about as low as you can go.
not sure what carb you have or want, but anything is possible. from plugging unwanted ports on the issued carb, or going with an earlier carb, or a nonusa oem or the weber.

Contact Trollhole. He has a 2F Aisan carb with only a vacuum advance hookup for the distributor. Plug the holes in the head for the air rail and you're done.

Contact Trollhole. He has a 2F Aisan carb with only a vacuum advance hookup for the distributor. Plug the holes in the head for the air rail and you're done.

Are you running this......if so, how do you like it?

I'm not, but look in the vendor's section for his thread on it and you'll find a lot of people like it. It's a big hit with the FJ60 crowd.

I have 0 idea what this crap is or what it does....so pleas put in terms a 6yr old could understand......maybe I'll have her do it for me<<

Get a non-US carb.
Get a non-US distriblutor.
Done.

The US carb and distributor are designed to work on emissions controlled vehicles and there are trade offs that you would need to understand in order to make a decision of how you want to deal with the problems that come up by just removing the emissions controls.

X2 on what subzali and Pinhead said. I run a THC carb and non-usa dizzy w/ pertronix on my 78 2f and it runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom