de-chroming and lock strip frustration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lovetoski

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, maybe I'm missing something obvious...

I've been doing a de-chrome on my 60 as I get to individual bits. Recently I purchased the lock-strip from precision, and set out this morning to replace the chrome in my cargo windows, rear window and windshield. The existing chrome lockstrip came out fine of course!

But the black replacement appears to be two wide. It's ~ 15mm or 9/16 + a scoch in width. I've tried flooding w/silicone, and doing it dry, and everything inbetween. It won't go in all the way, and pops out on it's own. :bang::bang:

Here's a pic of what I purchased...

The pic of the lockstrip shows it oriented how I'm trying to fit it into the window rubber.

Any advice much appreciated...
Lockstrip.jpg

yep - you nailed it. I didn't read far enough into the thread to pick up this critical detail. THANKYOU!

I just received my precision parts order for my new lock strip. Wanted to share with you that when I placed my order I specifically noted for them to send me WLS 466 and not the WLS 466 R-100.

And look what I got in the mail today!

IMG1018-M.jpg

This is the correct part for the Toyota Land Cruiser.

Note: No where on their site does it list this product as a Toyota Land Crusier or FJ60 part. Even if you tell the person on the phone, "I want the Toyota Part" they will tell you it does not exist. It's still listed as a GM part but I think if you designate the NOT R-100 you have a good chance of getting the right part.

Note: No where on their site does it list this product as a Toyota Land Crusier or FJ60 part. Even if you tell the person on the phone, "I want the Toyota Part" they will tell you it does not exist. It's still listed as a GM part but I think if you designate the NOT R-100 you have a good chance of getting the right part.

Thanks, will be dechroming mines soon.

Awesome! I'll call them tomorrow!

Iv'e got a bunch of that stuff I ordered 100' to redo my rear side windows and the rear hatch let me know if you want some you pay shipping and I'll send it to you.
:beer:

BGarcia88FJ62 said:
Iv'e got a bunch of that stuff I ordered 100' to redo my rear side windows and the rear hatch let me know if you want some you pay shipping and I'll send it to you.

I want some! Let me know how much shipping is please. How do you want payment? Sending pm.

I want some! Let me know how much shipping is please. How do you want payment? Sending pm.

I got your PM. The original reply was to "Lovetoski" he's got first dibs if he post up and says we doesn't want it then your next in line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom