De Badge, De Bling, De Pink Panty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After searching through the old stuff it sounds like:

The front emblem will come off with three screws in the rear after removing the front grill. (5 screws and a clip)

Rear, long hatch emblem will come off with heat gun and fishing line or tape protected putty knife.

The rear logo emblem will come off the same way, but will leave two post holes?

The :princess: and I want a more generic, plain look to the 80. I'm gonna leave off the long rear hatch logo, and would leave all of them off if there were no post holes.

Can someone confirm on a 97 LX that i'll have post holes in the rear?

If so, I'm going to rattle can the logos black as posted in other threads. I think TYLER has his rear hatch logo off for a plain look, but his cruiser garage photos don't show it.

Thoughts? Advice? Flame on? :cheers:

Sincerely,

wanting a plain stealth 80 in MN

You can get replacements silver emblems from the dealer for not to much.
Except the center rear name plate, its pricey.

fzj80kidpen said:
You can get replacements silver emblems from the dealer for not to much.
Except the center rear name plate, its pricey.

thanks for posting back. I actually have silver and want none (but don't want to drive around with two holes in the upper gate) a/o black. I was hoping someone has done this. I'm looking for a nobody but a LC owner to know what type of rig it is look.

LX_TREME said:
Now it should :grinpimp:

OK. Thanks. So I see you have no post holes in the rear. Did you fill them or the emblem didn't have them? Thanks.

you're going to have to work long and hard to de-pink-panty that rig -- embrace the pink, don't fight it. :flipoff2:

Are you anti-logo in general?

NorCalDoug said:
you're going to have to work long and hard to de-pink-panty that rig -- embrace the pink, don't fight it. :flipoff2:

Are you anti-logo in general?

Kinda anti-logo. It was different in SoCa when we lived there, but here it is a different world for sure. The :princess: loves the 80 (just got back from camping - full load, 2 boys and the dog - what other vehicle would do this better I asked her)

But we were just thinking about keeping it low profile. I mean, guys that work for me show up in 45k pick'em up trucks and that's ok - but a $15k Lexus, I must be rich. :rolleyes:

No kidding. I have a LX450 too, I get crap about driving a lexus from the guys at work and god forbid if I have a contractor at the house for an estimate. On the days I have a contractor over, I park the lexus in a local parking lot and leave my corolla in the driveway. :rolleyes:

You think you get looks and comments? Try 2 LX 450s in the driveway :D
Regardless of the fact that both were purchased used and are almost 9 years old...

people are funny that way though...

NorCalDoug said:
people are funny that way though...

No, Doug, not funny...out to get you. The government, I mean...you know, they're watching us. I'm scared...

Garth said:
No, Doug, not funny...out to get you. The government, I mean...you know, they're watching us. I'm scared...

But when Doug is president it will all be good. :cool:

I took my Lexus emblem off the rear gate - it left two post holes, which I filled by snapping it some white nylon plugs from Home Depot. Since the car is silver-pearl, you can barely see them. If I was really concerned about it, I'd hit them with some touch up and move on.

It's interesting about the big wide emblem on the gate - I want to take that off as well. Sounds like a heat gun and you are good to go.

I get the same comments from all my buddies and coworkers about driving a lexus, even tho it's used, etc. I figure once the OME kit and the 285's go on, they might shut up a little bit.........

TOm

tominboise said:
I took my Lexus emblem off the rear gate - it left two post holes, which I filled by snapping it some white nylon plugs from Home Depot. Since the car is silver-pearl, you can barely see them. If I was really concerned about it, I'd hit them with some touch up and move on.

It's interesting about the big wide emblem on the gate - I want to take that off as well. Sounds like a heat gun and you are good to go.

I get the same comments from all my buddies and coworkers about driving a lexus, even tho it's used, etc. I figure once the OME kit and the 285's go on, they might shut up a little bit.........

TOm

Tom, can you post up a pic of the plugs/rear of truck?

Thanks.

mine's partially debadged, the rest is hidden behind offroad lights and a spare tire.
it'll take some patience to get that rear strip off. take your time...

anti-logo, anti-yuppie, anti-snob, anti-status symbol, anti-assume i feel the same way you do because i drive a lexus too...

the wrong image for one of the world's best offroad vehicles.
nothing wrong with circle L / toyota quality though...

--- too bad they use the VIN#s for insurance...

also, i had gold emblems. i removed them and used never-dull to polish them down to the nickel plating. not pimpin' no mo..

anti-chrome too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom