DBA T3 Rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a warped front rotor so I'm considering purchasing a set of front DBA T3 rotors and DBA street pads (maybe XP pads). Looking for feedback from those with this setup. Is it worth it over stock pads/rotors? Thanks

I have the T3's and XP Pads on my 100 series. Rotors didnt really make much difference (though I have not had any extreme situations, ie repeated hard stops). But I do expect long life from the rotors. Largest difference was the pads, much better than the Toyota pads for stopping, more dust and lower life though.

DBA is probably the best 200 drop in brake. Ill have to try them sometime. Cur on EBC. No complaints other than noise/dust.

performance is great. I have the rotors and extreme pads. Noise and dust are kinky negatives.

I'm a DBA rotor convert!
Front DBA Rotors - Part # 42724S / Rear Part # 42723S
Ordered from Ken at KNS Brakes in NC - good guy to talk to and knowledgeable about all things brake related

My personal .02 - these are a substantial upgrade from stock, and after about 25k miles - no issues and the only nit pick I'd have is the brake dust on the front wheels quickly returns after a wash.

dba T3.jpg

20210909_123545_resized.jpg

The DBA T3 rotors and XP pads are definitely worth the investment and noticeable stopping improvement. On my 100- they were a substantial upgrade over OEM- noted I used the XP pads - installed new OEM calipers and stainless lines on all 4 corners.

I'm a DBA rotor convert!
Ordered from Ken at KNS Brakes in NC - good guy to talk to and knowledgeable about all things brake related

My personal .02 - these are a substantial upgrade from stock, and after about 25k miles - no issues and the only nit pick I'd have is the brake dust on the front wheels quickly returns after a wash.

View attachment 3297686

View attachment 3297687
I have the same setup, and I love it. Ken at KNS is the man to talk to about brakes! Very helpful, very knowledgeable.

I'm a DBA rotor convert!

View attachment 3297686

View attachment 3297687

nice pic, looks crisp!

Are you sure the rotor is warped? Try a new brake pad bed in procedure first to see if it's just uneven pad compound build up. FYI new brake pad bed in is (5-6) 60-5mph runs braking as hard as you possibly can w/o locking up, 30-45sec between runs, no braking for 5-10 min after if possible. So find a long road w/o much traffic and have at it.

Do you happen to have Ken's email? I'd like to reach out to him about these rotors. Thanks!
I'm sure it's on their website somewhere.

I'm a DBA rotor convert!

View attachment 3297686

View attachment 3297687
Awesome feedback! So it appears you're running the street pads instead of the xp pads? I was thinking of going that route too but have been wobbling between the street performance pads and StopTech street pads 309.13030 which I've read are the TRD pads that many speak highly of. Did you upgrade brakelines to SS?

Awesome feedback! So it appears you're running the street pads instead of the xp pads? I was thinking of going that route too but have been wobbling between the street performance pads and StopTech street pads 309.13030 which I've read are the TRD pads that many speak highly of. Did you upgrade brakelines to SS?
I didn't upgrade to the SS brake lines - Ken didn't think I needed to. I am running the street pads, again on Ken's recommendation, but I may go with the XP or another when these are up for replacement. The brake dust gets pretty bad, but just an annoyance more than anything.

I consider it one of the top upgrades to my 200

hoping to add these to the list for spring

how difficult is it to do in my garage?
Easy, basic tools. You'll need a torque wrench.

The ebrake shoes can be tricky to get retracted. I took the opportunity and removed everything from the backing plates, cleaned and painted with Rustoleum paint, gave it a day to dry, then coated liberally with anti rust coating (my preference is Amsoil HD Metal Protector). Those things are VERY expensive to have replaced.

Ken at KNS is the man for brakes.

Easy, basic tools. You'll need a torque wrench.

The ebrake shoes can be tricky to get retracted. I took the opportunity and removed everything from the backing plates, cleaned and painted with Rustoleum paint, gave it a day to dry, then coated liberally with anti rust coating (my preference is Amsoil HD Metal Protector). Those things are VERY expensive to have replaced.

Ken at KNS is the man for brakes.
thank you

i found the front and rear discs that you guys mentioned on their website.

however i didn’t see the pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom