Builds Daughter's Favorite - Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wait till you ride in it. It's crazy the luxury difference between it and the 80
I drive a Cruiser with a Naugahyde bench seat and roll down windows so luxury might be wasted on me. :)

Ok here's an update. The 80 has been at Odd Iron Offroad and is getting worked on. Frame has been straightened. Passed inspection and re-insured. We have had the new leather installed and are currently getting the steering wheel re-wrapped. Replacement front ARB has been ordered along with some additional toys. We have the vehicle at paint currently getting roof rack holes and the wind deflector holes filled as well as body work done. OEM snorkel hole has been cut and awaiting it to return from paint to place and install the roof rack. We plan to make a custom roof rack with light bar, arb awning, side and rear lights all with Odd Iron Offroad's Aurora lights. We may eventually do a 1hz or 4bt conversion on this rig. Plan to drive it for a while with the 1FZ and see how it does. We will be making the trip up to the 70 series meet and greet in Tennessee in 2 months with the 80. Ill get some pics as I can. @1978HJ45 can help with the pics as well I am sure. Here's some shots of the underhood lights and i will add more as I can. I will try to continue to update the thread with what we are doing to the 80. There is much more in the works. HID headlight upgrade, LED lights all around, sub install, inverter install, possibly solar power, etc.

Currently my LX470 is the wife's daily driver. It is planned for front/rear ARB bumpers, hID upgrade, roof rack. fairly modest build but should go well with the fitted out 80.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Ok here's an update. The 80 has been at Odd Iron Offroad and is getting worked on. Frame has been straightened. Passed inspection and re-insured. We have had the new leather installed and are currently getting the steering wheel re-wrapped. Replacement front ARB has been ordered along with some additional toys. We have the vehicle at paint currently getting roof rack holes and the wind deflector holes filled as well as body work done. OEM snorkel hole has been cut and awaiting it to return from paint to place and install the roof rack. We plan to make a custom roof rack with light bar, arb awning, side and rear lights all with Odd Iron Offroad's Aurora lights. We may eventually do a 1hz or 4bt conversion on this rig. Plan to drive it for a while with the 1FZ and see how it does. We will be making the trip up to the 70 series meet and greet in Tennessee in 2 months with the 80. Ill get some pics as I can. @1978HJ45 can help with the pics as well I am sure. Here's some shots of the underhood lights and i will add more as I can. I will try to continue to update the thread with what we are doing to the 80. There is much more in the works. HID headlight upgrade, LED lights all around, sub install, inverter install, possibly solar power, etc.

Currently my LX470 is the wife's daily driver. It is planned for front/rear ARB bumpers, hID upgrade, roof rack. fairly modest build but should go well with the fitted out 80.

View attachment 1509754
Very cool photo. :)

Salute!

Roof rack is coming along. Paint is done. Now to install some body parts and the new arb front bumper that is on the way. Roof rack holes closed and rear wind deflector holes closed. Hole cut for oem snorkel. I'll post more pics and updates as things progress.

4931.jpeg

4932.jpeg

4937.jpeg

4969.jpeg

4970.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom