Dauber gets 80 frame swap and a 6bt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey!

Would like to start off by saying I wanted a 60 series a very long time. Three years ago I managed to luck up and find Dauber sitting in a barn. From the looks of it, they pulled the head for a headgasket job at 120k miles and never put it back together. It sat like this for almost 20 years inside a barn. The plus side to this is the vehicle has basically no rust which is very uncommon here in the south.

When I found Dauber a few years ago, the engine bay was a absolute disaster. Half the engine was in the back of the cruiser. The windows had been left down for almost 20 years so there was spiders and god knows what else inside. Even though i hate spiders I was so excited I just jumped inside without the slightest care. I spent three days cleaning the interior up and I was quite impressed with the outcome!!

Dauber gets its name from the massive ammount of dirt dauber nest that I found while rebuilding this cruiser. There was nest all over this thing… I mean under the truck, in the truck, behind the interior panels. When I think I found all of them, another one would pop up. I’m sure I’ve missed some and will find them at a later date!

For now this is kind of the before and after of Dauber. I’ll try to get back and update this thread regarding the build, chassis swap, and the engine swap!
E5514672-02F6-43B2-B657-7DB8873E18B9.jpeg

FE2E544B-DFAC-4E00-873B-4D552048FC88.jpeg

excellent outcome! :)

If there was no rust, why swap out the chassis? beautiful rig by the way! We're always looking for those too. there's one floating around Charleston that a dealership owner owns, but he doesn't really WANT to sell.

If there was no rust, why swap out the chassis? beautiful rig by the way! We're always looking for those too. there's one floating around Charleston that a dealership owner owns, but he doesn't really WANT to sell.
I just always thought the ultimate 60 build would have coils instead of leafs as it rides way better. I sold the frame to a guy for 1k so I put that towards my 80 frame. The coils ride so much better then leaf springs

Hey!

Would like to start off by saying I wanted a 60 series a very long time. Three years ago I managed to luck up and find Dauber sitting in a barn. From the looks of it, they pulled the head for a headgasket job at 120k miles and never put it back together. It sat like this for almost 20 years inside a barn. The plus side to this is the vehicle has basically no rust which is very uncommon here in the south.

When I found Dauber a few years ago, the engine bay was a absolute disaster. Half the engine was in the back of the cruiser. The windows had been left down for almost 20 years so there was spiders and god knows what else inside. Even though i hate spiders I was so excited I just jumped inside without the slightest care. I spent three days cleaning the interior up and I was quite impressed with the outcome!!

Dauber gets its name from the massive ammount of dirt dauber nest that I found while rebuilding this cruiser. There was nest all over this thing… I mean under the truck, in the truck, behind the interior panels. When I think I found all of them, another one would pop up. I’m sure I’ve missed some and will find them at a later date!

For now this is kind of the before and after of Dauber. I’ll try to get back and update this thread regarding the build, chassis swap, and the engine swap!
View attachment 3143542

View attachment 3143543
Start to finish in progress thread would have been great but thanks for the spoiler pics!

absolutley amazing. waiting for a similar oppertunity for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom