Dashboard Removal and Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the great write up, it helped tremendously! I would have to agree, the 8mm screws that hold the wiring harness to the dash are the hardest things to do. I found it a lot easier to remove the steering wheel.

I ended up using a little saw (carefully) to cut some of the mounting locations.

View attachment 2795252View attachment 2795253

I like the idea of putting everything in the cardboard. I have 1 screw remaining. Any idea where it goes? I don't think I knew how to label it.

View attachment 2795254View attachment 2795255

View attachment 2795259

View attachment 2795260
That is a huge improvement, it looks so much better!

I believe there was also a small Phillips screw like that on the panel under the steering wheel. Just another place to check if it's not where @JunkCrzr89

Excellent thread. I will bookmark it but sincerely hope will never need it.

@knewstance can I ask where you sourced your dash and how much was a "reasonable" price? I have a similarly sunbaked dash, although not quite as bad. It's started pulling up in the middle right from the window defrost vent, and it has the same dried-out spots right above the airbag and in the center above the radio. Mechanically not an issue, but enough that I would love to replace it if I could find a replacement without spending an arm and a leg. An OEM new part is a little north of $1K, I've found some overseas units for around $700, but I haven't looked at any parts yards or anywhere else yet. I would love to have some insight as to your process for locating the replacement.

@knewstance can I ask where you sourced your dash and how much was a "reasonable" price? I have a similarly sunbaked dash, although not quite as bad. It's started pulling up in the middle right from the window defrost vent, and it has the same dried-out spots right above the airbag and in the center above the radio. Mechanically not an issue, but enough that I would love to replace it if I could find a replacement without spending an arm and a leg. An OEM new part is a little north of $1K, I've found some overseas units for around $700, but I haven't looked at any parts yards or anywhere else yet. I would love to have some insight as to your process for locating the replacement.
I purchased from a local guy parting out a rusty LC. I think I paid him around $300 for the dash and a few other bits.

Looks like there’s a few used dashes in CA for a couple hundred bucks. The ones at Toyo Parts Only are marked as “A”, or excellent condition, for $300. Might be worth checking them out.
E1088C52-D8A6-45E1-9119-1903E0BF07F9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom