Dashboard lighting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
Have 91 HZ 80 series. I've only owned it for 4 weeks.
The dashboard illumination lights that would normally light up the air conditioning unit, also the diff lock button doesn't work. The lights on the speedo work, the interior roof lights work.
Any ideas?
I'm no auto electrician. I do know they replaced the original stereo with a head unit. So am wondering if somethings happened there.
Been through thebtepair manual but seems to talk about everything but.
Cheers
Manno

Mine was similar when I bought it - a few AC/etc buttons didn’t illuminate. Here’s the definitive LED thread to help find the bulbs you need. In my case, I took the panel apart and swapped a couple of the same type to confirm the problem areas were just burnt out, ordered what I needed, and everything is lit now. Easy to do - pretty doubtful it’s an actual electrical problem, from the sound of it.

I got mine from autolumination.com.. went with plain vs LED - you mainly just need to know the bulb style. I believe most for AC are clear with a green cover over them. If the covers slip off without tearing, you can reuse them on new clear bulbs instead of buying green, if keeping stock coloring.

Last edited:
Mine was similar when I bought it - a few AC/etc buttons didn’t illuminate. Here’s the definitive LED thread to help find the bulbs you need. In my case, I took the panel apart and swapped a couple of the same type to confirm the problem areas were just burnt out, ordered what I needed, and everything is lit now. Easy to do - pretty doubtful it’s an actual electrical problem, from the sound of it.

I got mine from autolumination.com.. went with plain vs LED - you mainly just need to know the bulb style. I believe most for AC are clear with a green cover over them. If the covers slip off without tearing, you can reuse them on new clear bulbs instead of buying green, if keeping stock coloring.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom