Dash turned into a Christmas Tree (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was on my way to work this morning from the gym, and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. First the battery light winked a few times, then all hell broke loose. Parking brake light, ABS and VSC lights, a few other lights I can't recall right now, and the cruise control wouldn't work. Parking the FJ at work and tried to crank it, nothing. Bumped it a few times, still nothing. Hoping it's just a battery, I have a jump box in the truck. Might jump it and take it to Warrenton Toyota, since I used to work there.

Yep, it the alternator, I could smell it when I popped hood.

I called Toyota, they gave me my old employee pricing for the part and repairs. And they have a brand new fully loaded 2019 RAV4 Adventure rental waiting for me. Now to get a tow to the dealership, I don't trust the battery to hold up for the drive to Toyota, once I get off work.

Foster's Towing in Warrenton is good to deal with.

As long as it's not Horton's, used them once. They damaged my vehicle while loading it, I watched them do it. I confronted them about it, their response was something along the lines of "its going to a bodyshop anyways, just have them add it to the estimate." Not professional at all.

Normally I use Stanley's Towing out of Marshall, great guy. He towed the AMG out the creek and dropped it off at Chantilly Mercedes, no questions asked.

Yeah, I called Geico, they towed it for me. And they used Stanley’s. Also apparently I’m “adventurous”, the cashier I used to work with gave me a 2019 RAV4 Adventure as a rental.

B4717FFC-D227-462C-A5F6-4146101CB9D0.jpeg

F2C4B5A6-A049-44C1-AC93-4FCE192AD69E.jpeg

Shhhhhh.... I took it on the horse trails behind the house. The AWD was actually decent, the economy street tires were the Achilles heel.

But it was super comfy, lots of cool tech, but it had a back seat driver built in. Wasn’t a fan, turned the auto everything off.

Don’t worry I got the insurance!

So I was on my way to work this morning from the gym, and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. First the battery light winked a few times, then all hell broke loose. Parking brake light, ABS and VSC lights, a few other lights I can't recall right now, and the cruise control wouldn't work. Parking the FJ at work and tried to crank it, nothing. Bumped it a few times, still nothing. Hoping it's just a battery, I have a jump box in the truck. Might jump it and take it to Warrenton Toyota, since I used to work there.
Any updates?

Same way you calibrate the compass on your phone. Figure 8 motion :hmm:

I figured if I flipped the bird long enough, it would get offended and turn off.

Don’t worry I got the insurance!
The backstory on those pictures is that is in iceland and the guy renting that Skoda said google maps said it was a road and went down it thinking he could see the beach. They bought the story and he didn't have to pay.

The road's name is " Jeppaleiði" in icelandic which translates as "jeep graveyard" in english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom