Dash swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the opportunity to pick up a 97 40th or Collectors Edition (I forget) with lockers etc with 386k on it and a blown head. The body and frame is solid, no rust etc. The paint is shiny under a thick coating of tree dirt. The interior is roached. Mouse condo.... I found a few skeletons of various rodents when I first went through it. That said, I would love to resurrect it and get it back on the road but I hate the (almost a deal breaker) 95-97 dash. Is is possible to swap in the dash etc from a 93-94 truck? I love the dash setup in my 94, no other reason to swap it than I like it better.

I’d just pass on the truck. How much electrical damage will you run into with all the mice living in it? Anything is possible but putting an earlier style dash in a late model 80 is not practical.

Reactions: mrq
I looked into it once and it was too much work. The button styles are different and in different locations so wires would need to be cut and spliced.

I looked into it once and it was too much work. The button styles are different and in different locations so wires would need to be cut and spliced.

Ok, well, scrap that idea. Maybe I could have 2 Landcruisers, my 94 and the 97. I could justify it by saying that I am fixing it up for my 3 yo daughter

Ok, well, scrap that idea. Maybe I could have 2 Landcruisers, my 94 and the 97. I could justify it by saying that I am fixing it up for my 3 yo daughter
Best to have two that use all the same parts. Just sayin'...

I did a dash swap on my 91 and 92. I just needed a perfect dash and the cracked dash was not that bad either. NOT a fun project as I hired it done by a Toyota Master Tech buddy of mine. He said it was not the most fun he has had. i can't imagine switching styles.

[Double post deleted]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom