Dash Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a golf ball size tear in my dash, and my vinyl guy says he canno repair it short of removing the dash, and re-vinyling it. Dash cover is the other, cheaper option.

Any suggestions for repairs? G&S... and decent dashes for sale?

Last edited:
I've seen some vinyl repair kits around but I think they are crap. You might try mounting a compass or something over the hole if you can?
I have seen a dash fixed with premixed fibreglass boat filler. It turned out allright but the color match was a little off still looked better than a hole

Red Herring said:
I have a golf ball size tear in my dash, and my vynal guy says he canno repair it short of removing the dash, and re-vynaling it. Dash cover is the other, cheaper option.

Any suggestions for repairs? G&S... and decent dashes for sale?

I think Wayne parted out a HJ61, maybe send him a PM or he will post up here.

If you found the right color, you could re-vinyl it yourself in an afternoon. I've done lots of this on boats, motorcycle seats etc. Remoe the dash, pull the staples, use the old as a template to cut the new, spray on some adhesive, warm the vinyl, stretch and staple and Bob's your uncle.

Pulling the dash is certainly the way to do it properly. They could rebuild it if i could pull the dash, and it would'nt be that expensive. Sounds a little intimidating, whats involved in pulling the dash? Might be an interesting project.

A dash is just there with a million screws. Find them all and it comes off nice and easy. Sometimes you have to pull the instrument cluster first, and things like the HVAC controls/radio...depends on the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom