Dash reinforcement (what is it for?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have my entire dash ripped out to repair cracks, soundproof firewall, etc., and I noticed this reinforcement plate on the lower dash. My truck doesn't have anything that goes here. Does anyone know why Toyota added it? Here are some pics:

20210303_191116.jpg

20210303_191128.jpg

I have the exact same reinforced mount on my 93. Could be a radio mount that has always been my thought. We need to figure out what this is for?

This is something I want to see. Pics or it didn't happen. I need real cup holders very interested
He's yankin your chain about it being for cupholders. If you really want good cupholders for these, go to www.BH3D.com

In the early 90's you could get a cell phone amplifier and hand set installed as a dealership option. So it just might be a mount for one of those. On my 94 i found a huge cell phone amp hidden underneath my center console. They had the cell phone hand set mounted to the passenger side of my console.

It's purpose was to make people ask questions 30 years down the road. This was a Toyota engineers version of an easter egg in a video game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom