Dash rehab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One day my heater/ac blower stopped working. I looked and tested and pulled my dash apart and finally found the loose wire. While I was at it, I decided to redo the dash and install the radio that I had bought years before. Things turned out okay.
LC Dash C.jpg

Unfortunately, the texture that I applied to the dash wasn't the most uniform, but if the dash survives a year of FL heat without cracking, I'll sand the texture off (again) and redo.

LC Dash C2.jpg

PO owner decided there was no need to replace the grommet and used bondo to hold the speaker wires in place and seal the hole. Accordion loom solved the problem.
Accordian Loom LC.jpg

So thanks to:

ToyotaMatt hooked me up with a new blower resister that replaced my almost dead one,
NCFG gave me the idea on how to redo the dash and helped me out with the paint colors (SEM Presidio and Graphite). And the accordion loom for the door speaker wiring.
Trail Tailor supplied the AC Bezel,
Godwin/Land Cruiser Phil for the transfer case shifter extension,
ChaserFJ60 for the radio bracket.

With the exception of the radio dimmer, all radio wiring goes to a Blue Sea fuse box. I'm also using a Blue Sea USB port (wiring also goes to the Blue Sea fuse box).

Last edited:
Not bad! Looks pretty good to me. What did you use to fix the surface of the dash cap before you textured and painted it?

And what is that in the garage you’re using as a work bench?🤣

Not bad! Looks pretty good to me. What did you use to fix the surface of the dash cap before you textured and painted it?

And what is that in the garage you’re using as a work bench?🤣
Fiberglass cloth and resin. NCFG has a writeup regarding the repair. The materials were inexpensive. But it took me a long time to get the dash pad to look reasonable.

It normally doesn't look like that. :) That being a 1968 Charger, RT Clone I'm slowly building.

Fiberglass cloth and resin. NCFG has a writeup regarding the repair. The materials were inexpensive. But it took me a long time to get the dash pad to look reasonable.

It normally doesn't look like that. :) That being a 1968 Charger, RT Clone I'm slowly building.
Very cool! I plan on glassing mine too at some point. I’ve worked with fiberglass for a while now so I feel pretty confident. Good to see it being done on these trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom