Dash Reassembly - Extra Connector? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to re-assembly of my dash after completion of some body repair (link below) and I have an "extra" connector (blk & yel) behind the glove box. As far as I can see it doesn't seem to connect to any harness that I can find.
Anyone know what this connector is for?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/a-little-surprise-after-removing-the-windshield.808023/

image.jpg

Is your clock working? Just a guess, it looks to be behind the glovebox though.

Haven't got to the clock yet I'm working my way from PS of dash to DS. The connector harness is behind the Engine ECU/ glove box.

Just found this pic on mud. It looks it might be the black connector just to the top right corner of the "black box". I hope it is, if not I'll have to look at the EWD.

image.jpg

Yes, that is what I was thinking, but I think there is only the one connector for the airbag which is already connected.

image.jpg

:doh:. It was the connector shown in the pic of post #5. Thanks to Alia176 for his great write-up on how to remove the evap for the pic. I'm taking pics as I reassemble the dash and hope to create a detailed thread with pics on removing the dash.

We had to replace the heater core in mine a while back and ended up with an extra connector while putting the dash back in. Turned out to be an extra connector that was used in non US trucks for something. They used the same harness so the connector was unused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom