Dash Pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen a few for sale. I am buyng a brown fj60 dash and need to find a grey dash cover for it. I have seen them in black but does anyone know if they come in grey? Also can you tell the dash cover is on it? Does it cover everything?

thanks,
-Al

I am talking about the plastic covers that go on them...

the only plastic ones i've seen have been for old Zcars
you might still check with them.

Its the brown pad cracked or something? Ive seen those vinyl spray dies used before on some muscle car dashes and it looks very good. I wouldnt use it on anything thats gonna get rubbed on because it will come off, but it works well on dashes.

Man those carpet ones are cheesey, can you imagine having your own monograpghed dash pad?
mono_inset.gif

Huh maybe Ive gone crazy....guess I will hold out til I find a grey fj60 dash...I could have sworn I just saw a dash pad on e-bay a little bit ago for a fj60.

http://www.cruiserparts.net/parts/fj60.htm#interior

$350 :eek:

Only one I could find not needing paint to match.

I decided against it and I'm going to do my own custom creation out of fiberglass to add a place for two more gauges and a mp3 player mount, plus a tilted area to put my cell phone on one of those rubber sticky phone things...

My grey pad is cracked and i cannot find a cap that is not black.
The one on Ebay is black and i think arould $65. But then you
still have to paint it. I am just not sure about painting one as
it has to be a paint that cannot rub off and i havent found one
yet so i no buy from Ebay. They do mount on very easy with
the enclosed caulking cement. I installed one on a 76 Z-car
a few years back and it was real easy and the dash was black to
begin with so i didnt have to paint it. You could hardly tell that
it was a replacement cap once it was on.

Coverlay is the premier brand - they even come with a guarantee, which a friend/neighbor/customer of mine successfully exercized on the dash cover for his 450SL.

Put a brown one from Specter on my rootbeer brown '83 & it fit & matched great. Lot easier to do if you have the windshield out.

I believe the black dash-pad you saw on ebay was owned by Nikos8 here on mud. He also has it listed in the for sale section.
And it appears you were the last person to ask him a question!!

It never got bid on on ebay...I almost did, but my CFO has me on a short leash. :doh:

He may still have it...

Cheers

Haha, good Eye....So I guess im not that crazy and such a thing is out there.

I got screwed by some ass hat in the for sale section. He took my money and I never got it back yet. It was for a complete grey dash for a 60 series...grrrr. I found a brown one and was just planning on using a dash mat to cover it...

Did you let the mods know? Actually I think you should let us all know who screwed you so we dont get bitten as well.

Lowtideride

I found a pretty good dash pad just this am on Ebay. The guy is from
Clearwater B.C. You may have already seen it. It is brown though
and not gray, here is the Ebay listing number just in case you might
be interested:

-Jim

Thanks man, I will check it out.

OlympiaFJ60 said:
Is this what you are taklking about? These come black and can be painted by any body shop. Ebay dash pad

Also try spector for an already painted one SOR dash pad The last two items on the page.

My truck came with one of these. The cheese factor is still pretty high. I was pissed to find I had been duped. The dash under the cover is in bad shape. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom